advertisement

bicycle portraits

@Paulicus - D'oh! :D Did you manage to get to the right place afterwards?

Pre-work ride, out on the Cove.
43456540712_545d48f91e_c.jpg

No, I completely missed it. I went and had a crack with my mate yesterday (lost his footing coming down a ladder, fallen, and popped his ankle) and we got talking about the race. It was a rolling closure job, a proper baptism by fire with elbows, leaning on, pushing and jostling for position etc. His son was in the main bunch on the third lap and broke away on a climb, got himself a bit of a gap and thought to himself, I’ve got this, that was until the bunch reeled him in, swallowed him, and dropped him! :D

He finished in the middle of the placings with an average speed of 26 mph over a 50-mile circuit and finished it in just over two hours. Apparently quite a few riders abandoned due to the pace. Criteriums next.

Reminds me of my weekly rides with the Wrekin Wheelers as a yoof (plus the banter: "Who's the footballer at the front?") :D

Avg of 26mph over that distance is pretty quick!

Avg of 26mph over that distance is pretty quick!
That's what I said. Strava, my mate kept quoting Strava, which I presume is some sort of performance analysis thing. I think the reason for such high speeds is that the equipment is so damn light. Bike frames these days seem to be made from drinking straws, which are held together with electricians tape :-D

I was in Dinan last week attending a harp festival and spotted the red Pedersen outside the theatre. Whilst eyeing it up, Buxe rolled up on his. We chatted about them and then he kindly let me have a go whilst he went into the exhibition where he was exhibiting his beautiful handcrafted harps. What a nice man!

They are supremely comfortable.

His Pedersen

Her Pedersen

I was in Dinan last week attending a harp festival and spotted the red Pedersen outside the theatre. Whilst eyeing it up, Buxe rolled up on his. We chatted about them and then he kindly let me have a go whilst he went into the exhibition where he was exhibiting his beautiful handcrafted harps. What a nice man!

They are supremely comfortable.

His Pedersen

Her Pedersen

I love the look and engineering of these! They look ueber cool and the front triangle holdall is genius. Looking at the geometry me thinks very lazy steering, a cruiser.

The saddle looks painful for anything longer than a ride down to the cafe, the handle bars non-practical/non adjustable and the thing probably weighs a ton, steel frame? - No gears as far as I can see and it begs for a nice hub gear mech, any help will be appreciated.

I want one.

They do look uber cool, you are right and the steering is not as sharp as my light tourer.

However, that browny coloured one weighs less than 10KG, yep, amazingly light for what they are, I couldn't believe it. The seat is super comfortable, it's basically a hammock.

Fixed gears on the brown one, but Shimano Alfine hub gears on the red. Rear derailleurs can be fitted, but front derailleurs are a little problematic as you don't have the standard down tube like that of a diamond frame. Rohloff's can be used too.

With that intricate frame design, you would think they would be more expensive than a half decent steel road bike as well wouldn't you, well they're not, circa €2K for a complete bike!!

e.g. - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=123006367430

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The above were taken at ISO3200 with NR at minimum (-5) and sharpness at minimum (-5) with the Kit 12-60 lens. Processed in PP.

BikeRide_8_1_2018.jpg

A cell phone pic. I took this about 8 miles into my ride yesterday. The steel sculpture my bike rests against is one of several cnc laser cut steel patterns that are to be found posted into the ground in and around this area. For some reason I thought it appropriate to put my bike in front of the bike sculpture for this photo op. Btw, this area is great for bike rides....when it isn't raining, that is. Raymond, Wa zip 98577 Check it out with Google Earth.

-Steve

advertisement

Back