advertisement

Beyoncé - ‘Renaissance’

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
I was bowled over by the Beyoncé album ‘Lemonade’ - 2016, prior to that album I was aware and appreciated her single releases, but the albums did little for me.

Last month a new album ‘Renaissance’ was released, so because ‘Lemonade’ was a fantastic whole listen I thought I would give the new album a lick and see what it tastes like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B82WY765/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

The c.d. arrived today. I swerved on the vinyl as it is getting on for £70…

Getting the c.d. out of the cardboard digipack was a pain, same with the 32 page booklet & poster. As per usual, the text in the c.d. booklet is too small and difficult to read, even with a magnifying glass.

First play.
More dance oriented than ‘Lemonade,’ definite club feel. Forward production. A ‘House’ vibe going on.
Banging beats a plenty. Not a disappointing listen, but it will take a few plays to get into it.
Production is slick, the c.d. is loud. Lots of bad language, she sure is a potty mouth :)

Not bad.

Beyoncé – Renaissance

More images

Label: Parkwood Entertainment – 19658744502, Columbia – 19658744502, Sony Music – 19658744502
Format:
CD, Album
Released: 29 Jul 2022

the album version of the last tune on the album

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Appologies. Your post and my edit crossed.

Is there something special about Bs £70 new vinyl? Sounds like a lot to me.

Limited edition, although I am not sure what that means re: quantity.

Double album with alternate artwork, I think there has been a lyric rewrite, so the original albums with original lyrics will potentially be worth more.

From my opinion though, it ain’t worth the moula. I am sure some fans will be happy to cough up that kind of wedge.

Thanks. I very rarely buy new release LPs on vinyl.
The last one was a limited edition preorder about six months ago.
A single LP in good quality fold out sleeve, with a signed piece of artwork, 7" single and standard cd all for roughly £28 inc P&P.
£70 caught my attention!

3rd listen - growing on me.

definitely more dance orientated than any kind exploration of Beyoncé’s attitude to her husband and his philandering.

advertisement

Back