Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Beware - parcel2go

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Philv, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Vince Parkin

Vince Parkin pfm Member

I've just had a package delivered by UPS, the sender had paid for next day delivery. 2 times the delivery was delayed and was down to sorting error. The sender was on the phone for over an hour to find out what was happening and then informed me. We are talking of nearly a grands worth of kit and you know what it's like when new gear is coming.........you want it yesterday.
    I won't be using UPS after this, I'll stick with Hermes for small and DPD for bigger parcels.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Talking to the UPS delivery guy the other day he told me they are doing 7 days a week to try to keep up with demand, this is both delivery & warehouse. In the current climate I think a somewhat small delay in delivery needs to be looked at with some sort of understanding & not just decide to never deal with them again because of that. UPS for me have been 99.5% fine, the odd hiccup has always been down to unforeseen problems in the supply chain.

As it happens as well, the UPS Next Day has some caveats & one of them is delays beyond their control.

3. effinity

effinity pfm Member

DHL (UK Mail, ipostparcels) seem to be running well at the moment, good comms on collection and delivery windows by txt/email for both UK and EU/Sweden. Scanned on pick up so more or less immediately tracking.

RMSD (up to 2kg) next day very good, insurance up £500 inc.

RM 1st class signed for also good

DPD have been consistent too, with collection/delivery times accurate.

UPS were a roller coaster ride back in March with a couple of large percussion pieces UK to California on Worldwide Saver service, 3 working days. Complicated online booking process and I got caught out with ‘units’ on the commercial invoice section where the format was slightly different from the initial stages of the shipping form. When I printed off the labels and invoice I realised everything had doubled in value meaning recipient would be hit with higher import duty etc. Cancelled £430 worth of shipping via PayPal and rebooked having learned my lesson! Now £860 down but knowing I would (hopefully!) get my PayPal refund in 2 weeks before the credit card bill came in! I delivered two large 20kg boxes 90x50x45 each to my local UPS depot on a Tues in March, by Weds afternoon they were in W.Midlands depot being held by a U.S. customs enquiry about the type of wood involved on my description of contents, delay for a couple of hours while they accepted the type of wood was not on their forbidden list so missed the afternoon flight but left on the evening flight. Bear in mind COVID had just kicked in with a vengeance and UPS were on skeleton crew with the majority of customer service staff working from home! Phones were not being answered but emails prevailed with direct numbers and personal emails given as part of the process. Goods arrived in Lexington, KY on Thursday morning, scanned so appearing on tracking before being loaded for next part of journey. Weather front hit mid west US so everything slowed down but despite all that one box was delivered (a day late) in Oakland, California on the Sat morning and the second box on Monday morning. Bloody amazing really!! Tracked all the way. I received my refund for the voided shipment a couple of weeks later.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    clap and hifilover1979 like this.
  4. 0rangutan

0rangutan pfm Member

To summarise this 5 page thread..

Most parcels get delivered just fine. Sometimes they don't.
    All couriers have problems sometimes.
    Packing items really well helps.
    Don't declare valves as glass.

clap, lilolee and jamington2004 like this.
  5. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

I'd still stick with UPS; they're about the best out there IMO

There's absolutely no way in hell will I ever use Hermes; they're as shite as shite can get in my view!

RMSD for items that are small enough to send, 1st class signed for, for stuff under £50 value and UPS or Parcelforce for everything else

clap, AV8 and effinity like this.
  6. ducatiman

ducatiman pfm Member

Good luck with that

clap likes this.
  7. Progmeister

Progmeister pfm Member

I haven't used UPS since they detroyed a Beard power amp i used to own.

8. gary

gary pfm Member

Been waiting on a delivery from Herpes now for 12 days. Website shite,no updates as to where the parcel is , virtual assistant worse than useless and NO customer service person to talk to at all. Wish i had seen the seller was using Hermes before i paid.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

hifilover1979 likes this.
  9. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Just to add to this thread, I've used Parcels2Go many times but I won't be using them again.

They lost a cartridge I sent to someone and the parcel was covered for £20. The online claim form asked for ridiculous things, like proof of postage. They had tracking for the damn thing! And proof of value, how do I prove the value of a used cartridge?

I explained that I could not provide all of the information they requested and didn't think I should have to. They rejected the claim and closed dialog. I could not submit any further communication with them. I've spent hundreds of pounds with them in the last year alone but for the sake of a £20 claim they've lost my custom forever.

All carriers are great as long as nothing goes wrong. It's when you have a problem you find out what they are really like and Parcels2Go just shut the door on you.

10. hifilover1979

I like how you put that, making it sound like they set out to do it on purpose... :rolleyes:

All couriers have issues, some hell of a lot more so than others, UPS, no matter your opinion, still do their service much better than more or less all the other couriers

11. droom3

droom3 Member

That's not my experience of UPS. I have found them to be just as bad as others and in the event of a claim very difficult/obstructive with a 'system' that must have been created to prevent/frustrate a claim with the claimant having to raise and confirm the position multiple times with different personnel

12. hifilover1979

Unfortunately , more or less all of the courier are like that, bar Royal Mail as they seem to be much easier to deal with

13. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Royal mail??

Don't make me laugh

They lost a parcel of mine...and when I tried to claim they said I could only have the cost of the service back...IN STAMPS....then they sent me a letter saying the stamps were enclosed.....but none were sent!!!

How's that for great service...

Mr Pig likes this.
  14. hifilover1979

Zero issues for me the few times I've had to claim; all done online and a cheque received within 10 days etc

Horses for courses

15. Hi Five

Hi Five pfm Member

What date did you send it? It could be affected by this:

https://tamebay.com/2020/06/hermes-technical-issue-scrambles-barcodes-on-labels.html

Spike55 likes this.
  16. SAP7

SAP7 pfm Member

I thought this was a for sale thread.

if you want to talk parcels maybe take it somewhere else?

17. DIB

DIB pfm Member

It's been delivered to the wrong thread.