Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Beware - parcel2go

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Philv, Jun 7, 2020.

1. benjaminreed1

benjaminreed1 Benjamin Reed

DPD Local for me, never had a problem. Vote with your feet. Even the Hermes shops are well dodgy, they had my 2k DAC sat on the floor for 4 days next to the crisps. -)

2. Dom500

Dom500 pfm Member

Hermes once managed to lose a full size drumkit I ordered. The absolute worst. Avoid at all costs.

3. DIB

DIB pfm Member

Cheers, I shall be doing that first thing in the morning. Nearly 2 weeks should be long enough to get a small parcel from Manchester to Scotland, even for Hermes!

hifilover1979 likes this.
  4. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Get onto them now, chats always manned. To get passed the bot, type in ‘chat to customer adviser’

5. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Only issue I've ever had with Hermes is when I sent a model helicopter to a customer ... to be signed for..customer called to say it was on his door step when he came home...broken

I called Hermes and they said it had been signed for
    I asked for copy of signiture...which they emailed me
    I called them back to tell them my customer was not named "left on door step" and I wanted compensation (£50)
    They paid up straight away
    I have used them maybe 100+ times....only issue

6. kimbleman

kimbleman pfm Member

Well I've had a mass clear out recently sending about ten parcels (speaker drivers, cross over boards, phones, etc) all by RM 2nd class tracked and everything got to their destinations within three days undamaged. Maybe you have a dodgy sub post office????

7. hifilover1979

I've had more stuff lost via RM 2nd class signed for than any other courier, although I don't use Hermes myself, only if Amazon insist... It's always UPS, DPD or Parcelforce and if possibly RMSD

8. kimbleman

kimbleman pfm Member

I must be lucky

9. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

So how are UK audio manufacturers getting their kit out to their dealers? Are they getting insurance or are they taking the hit on every lost or damaged item!

10. DIB

DIB pfm Member

An update. Went on Amazon Chat and as Dan stated above after 5 minutes explaining the situation with regards the Hermes return they have issued my £80 refund which should be back in my account in 5-7 days. The Hermes website is still showing no more activity after the 27th May pick up, their tracking function is truly a waste of space.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  11. Ptah

Ptah pfm Member

Hermes are a problem, but ebay Global Shipping is worse.
    Obviously Parcel2Go itself is just a useful portal.

12. droom3

droom3 Member

In a claim situation, I find the insurance claim process a very difficult one to deal with. In one case (DHL) staff stole the amplifier and resealed the box and delivered the empty box (this has resulted in me taking court action against the company). In another, (UPS Packlink) staff must have been playing football with the parcel and caused damage. Trying to claim in the latter case was difficult, dealing with disorganised processes and too many people and just downright unhelpful staff and general unprofessionalism.
    Be prepared to fight for justice. The issue is so bad, in my view, that Trading Standards, OFT etc should look at it as this is actually a service we pay for!

13. Rcook

Rcook pfm Member

Parcel2Go are just brokers - they resell the services of couriers. I use P4D (does help that the owner is a friend), who work in the same way. Their customer service is excellent.

The individual couriers are very good and very bad - I would never use Yodel even if my life depended on it, Hermes reluctantly. I have sent parcels with UPS, Collect+, and Parcel Force in the UK with no problem. I have sent items to America using UPS, Australia using Parcel Force, and a large, heavy, awkwardly shaped item to Jersey using Tufnells with problem.

There is no excuse for couriers to lose items, rogue staff is the usual cause as others have said. Damage in transit is best protected against by packing as well as you can - I once received a Sansui tuner that I was amazed reached me in one piece, the packaging was almost non-existent.

14. Percy Lee

Percy Lee pfm Member

I losted a new Linn LP12 Jig in January ,2020 by parcel2go.A very very bad service company.

15. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

I find it amazing that parcel delivery companies don't have vans that are racked out with compartments to put boxes in
    They state in their terms the maximum size of a parcel...and most are smaller...but they still insist on sending empty vans and then throwing the parcels on the floor ....to then walk all over them to find the one they are looking for, while kicking the others out the way

I recently sent an amp to someone (it was double boxed etc) and the courier stood it on end on the floor of his van??? Its so bloody obvious it's going to fall over as soon as he got to the end of the road...did he give a shite.....no

16. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

I was just looking at the DPD local site as I haven't booked direct with a courier for ages and I was interested in seeing the prices (I generally book UPS via Interparcel), and from the text at the bottom suggest that all the payments goes through.......wait for it.....Parcel2go!

benjaminreed1 likes this.
  17. Avinunca

Avinunca Canine Hifi and electronics enthusiast.

Using your local Post Office helps to keep them open. Don't prefill an address form online - this will deny the branch their cut. I'm astonished Hermes won't cover the LOSS of a parcel because it contains glass. I've had run-ins with a few carriers - DPD for instance. I think they are all working on very tight margins and customer service suffers as a consequence. It's all about volume.

calorgas likes this.
  18. Eatapeach

Eatapeach Active Member

Except that doesn't seem to work. I'm currently fighting to find a parcel they have lost. It's impossible to get in touch with anybody, and after speaking to the drop off point staff my only other possibility is driving to the Hermes depot at Bolton to find a human being. And forget trying to raise a claim - I insured my item for a fee and there is no way on their website to start a claims process. And they don't answer the phone, IVR takes the tracking number and tells you what you already know and hangs up.

Woeful and will never use again.

19. hifilover1979

Never had an issue getting through to Customer Services via Chat; was onto them this morning about a damaged item my wife ordered, got through to them within 5mins and sorted the issue within 2mins!

20. disco

disco pfm Member

I accept that our terrible courier industry often puts the customer in a no win situation. Generally my approach after refusing to post to certain countries is to pack well and photograph each stage of the packing, use the courier with whom you feel the most comfortable (for me this varies according to where I am sending it), do not take out any insurance, do not mark a parcel as 'fragile' and for each consignment put aside the monies you have saved by not paying for additional exhorbitant insurance. In the event of any loss or damage recompense the customer then get over it and move on after having a rant with anybody who will listen whilst maybe shedding a little tear. You are not going to change anything, accept it, thats the way it is; shite. Yes by all means try and make a claim for the couriers nominal recompense figure but accept that it will probably be a waste of your time, stressful and futile. The only downside to this approach is convincing the customer that you are not ripping them off for excessive postage charges but that you are in effect self insuring.