Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Beware - parcel2go

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Philv, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Pelham

Pelham pfm Member

Parcel2go are a waste of space. They seem to like to play football with my parcels. I've come up against the glass con and they give up finding slightly unusual addresses too easily. All in all, I would'nt touch them with a barge pole now. I've never had a problem with DPD but this has probably jinxed that!!!?

2. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Fairly standard not to cover glass. Read the Parcel2Go, ParcelMonkey etc T&Cs; claims are managed through them, so if you don’t agree go direct to the courier - and pay a little more for the cover you require. Funny they never flag up when you’re booking that the enhanced compensation you’re forking out for is on an item they don’t insure!

+1 on DPD, as both seller and buyer.

3. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

Those lovely UPS people send me some nice JBL 15" bass units, and the tw.ts in US customs decided to open up the package after they were propperly packed and then re-pack them stupidly unfixed with the drive units (2) able to move about in the packing, which they of course destroying the packing and the units. This is the second time US customs have done this to me.

4. kimbleman

kimbleman pfm Member

Guys.... ANYTHING of value (say £300 plus) just do a halfway (or close to halfway) meet-up.
    I recently sold a pair of Credo's to Dandy on here....he's Nutsford I'm near Aylesbury. We just did an early evening meeting.... social distancing, hand sanitizer used after. Cost us maybe £15-20 Diesel each so say £35 for a 150 mile distance. If it's much beyond that then don't do the deal..... simples!

ducatiman likes this.
  5. ellamoo

ellamoo pfm Member

Hermes left my parcel in the garden of a house three villages away. Only my Sherlock Holmes detection found it with the help of a kindly neighbour of the unintended recepient who hadn''t a clue why they had it. I have a collection for a return to Amazon tomorrow - not holding my breath. . .

BTW they usd to be good when theyhad a guy who knew the area

6. gary

gary pfm Member

+1 for this

AV8 likes this.
  7. kimbleman

kimbleman pfm Member

Small(ish) low(ish) value, well packed parcels under 5kgs weight....Royal mail 2nd class tracked at £9.99 takes some beating. For larger, valuable things....refer to my post above.

8. p147

p147 Sunny Sussex.

Parcel2Go, are middle men only, used them a couple of times no problem however used them a couple of weeks ago and cassette player delivered damaged, struggle to get anything out of them even though I had paid additional premium, There is no phone number to contact them only chatline. My advice go direct to the companies and do not use Parcel2Go.
    Lesson learnt.

9. ducatiman

ducatiman pfm Member

Everyone should check the terms and conditions
    All carriers exclude glass
    I’ve worked in this game for over 30 years nothing new here. I have posted many times a full list of prohibited items.

10. ducatiman

ducatiman pfm Member

Was this a recent event ? care to drop me a pm with carrier and postcode.

11. ducatiman

ducatiman pfm Member

There are many exceptions, check your t&c or you could find the expensive insurance is worthless.

12. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

My RM24 parcel is 12 days late & still nowhere near being found, anything other than RMSD Next Day by 1pm is a disaster with them at the moment.

13. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

This was about 5 years ago now, haven't seen the guy for years, the current guy has been in post on the round for years, great guy & very dependable.

ducatiman likes this.
  14. marktr

marktr Registered User

With anything that’s valuable and FRAGILE, I will never use any courier!

ducatiman likes this.
  15. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

I use Interparcel & when things go bump they have been fine mostly.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  16. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

Same here, sent a turntable many years ago to Brighton I seem to recall, it arrived not in one piece.

Never again, drove 300 miles for my last one.

17. DIB

DIB pfm Member

As has been stated above the likes of P2G, Interparcel, ParcelMonkey etc. are only middlemen. They are only as good as the courier company you nominate and pay for.

Personally I always use UPS booked through Interparcel, at least with Interparcel it is possible to ring them and speak to someone if need be.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  18. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Joe Lycett did an expose recently about Hermes sending literally van loads of non-delivered items to auction.

Mintsauce likes this.
  19. DIB

DIB pfm Member

It is worrying about Hermes though. I'm sending something back to Amazon for a refund (£80) and after going through the returns process on the Amazon website I dropped it off at a designated Hermes Drop Off shop back on the 26th May and to date it hasn't arrived at Amazon Returns Dept in Scotland yet. Or at least their website says it's not there yet. The last activity shown on the Hermes website was them picking it up the following day (27th) and nothing since then. I must confess I'm a bit worried now.

20. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Get onto Amazon Chat re this.

I had the same, collected 27th May also, tracking still shows it’s been collected but that’s it. Spoke to Amazon via a Chat and they confirmed it’d landed back at their depot in Scotland and sorted the refund there & then!

I could only choose Hermes as the courier to collect, so on their heads be it

DIB likes this.