Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Beware - parcel2go

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Philv, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Philv

Philv pfm Member

A quick warning about parcel2go.

I sent £40 of valves via parcel2go.
    They went missing.

I made a claim.

Claim refused because they are glass and a prohibited item.

Nothing broken, just lost altogether.

So be warned.
    I won't be using them again for using any excuse for not paying.

Anything with valves or any glass content has a chance of not being covered.
    [​IMG]

ducatiman likes this.
  2. lilolee

lilolee pfm Member

If you put glass as contents the following appears.

"We can carry "Glass" but it will not be protected for damage or loss and it is sent at your own risk. (See our No Protection List). If the item is lost within the network we will refund the cost of the carriage only."

hifilover1979 likes this.
  3. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Technically it's in the T&C's and they warn you, I guess valves doesn't bring up the same warning though?

What I find most unacceptable is that it includes loss as well as damage. How can the nature of the contents affect the likelihood of the package getting lost, it's just a con to get out of paying.

Fatmarley likes this.
  4. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Just out of interest which carrier was it? Don't tell me, does it start with a H and end with an S?

FLORIAN35 likes this.
  5. Rosewind

Rosewind Lost in Translation

+1 to lawrence001's post.

6. Vince Parkin

Vince Parkin pfm Member

I have sent countless parcels with Hermes and I've never had a single problem. There are quite a few people complaining about them, so have I just been lucky. It does make me think about it, but as I stated they have been faultless with myself.

7. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Hermes will leave your parcel unattended on the doorstep regardless of value, insurance or wether you've paid for it to be signed for.

8. Philv

Philv pfm Member

Yep...Hermes.

So....glass valves.
    glass covered jolida fx dac.
    Valve preamp with glass content.
    Anything with glass content?

They didn't offer me the postage back.

Now, obviously if it had been broken, fine.
    But they lost it all togetner.
    They are all great until something goes wrong.
    I sent an expensive valve preamp the week before.
    £1650 would have hurt.... It contains glass.

9. wadenits

wadenits Member

This weekend I have had a problem with parcel2go. Ordered an item on Ebay and received a parcel2go notification that it has been delivered when it has certainly not been delivered. I am not even sure how to even make a Paypal claim when the delivery service claims it has been delivered. With this virus couriers are taking photographs of the parcel on ones doorstep rather than signing for it so let see what they turn up on a request of the photo. Obviously a crap company

10. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

My local Hermes delivery guy was shocking, he used an SUV that was crammed & prior to Covid he would leave the parcel anywhere in the front, not a porch but the actual garden or driveway, take a photo, that was it as far as he was concerned, it was delivered.

How do I know ?

It happened to me & other neighbours over a period of time.

He was eventually removed, we now have a wonderful lady who seems consciencious, a welcome change.

I still wouldn't use them, UPS all the way for me on sending goods, receiving them is a different matter.

11. gerlando

gerlando Prog Rocker

Seriously, you cannot send anything valuable by Hermes.

The have lost me a keyboard

A KEYBOARD!

How is it possible to loose a keyboard?

12. disco

disco pfm Member

Easy - the delivery driver is a musician and a theiving twat.

Chops54 likes this.
  13. disco

disco pfm Member

Then don't declare that the valves have a glass content and then you would have been insured for loss.

luckyguliver likes this.
  14. Mr Ian

Mr Ian pfm Member

Check out courier web page that defines what they consider a safe place to leave a parcel is. Door steps and dustbins are usually classed as unsafe. If you can evidence unsafe delivery i suspect ebay/paypal will honour a claim

15. AV8

AV8 pfm Member

I once was offered a brand new Dell laptop by a delivery driver for £100. He told me that it wouldn't bother anyone if it went missing, least of all the depot. I politely declined & advised him that Dell laptops had a way of signalling to home that "here I am " when reported missing or stolen then used, via ISP source. He was caught out eventually by doing just that, selling it on, the laptop was traced all the way back to the buyer & him. He was sacked & prosecuted I was informed of by my current driver who is an honest as the day is long.

effinity and narabdela like this.
  16. JLN

JLN pfm Member

I recently bought some WB Arcs and had them picked up and delivered same day by Rocksolid deliveries, same price as big boys but small van one package (mine) and a very careful driver couldn’t recommend them more over some of these big companies

17. gary

gary pfm Member

5 year's ago i sent an exposure cd player thru Parcel to go. When it arrived the cd tray literally fell to bits when the chap opened it . Despite sending photos of the damage and damage to the box AND insurance they just point blank refused to refund. Have never used them since. Always try to book direct with UPS.

18. Aural

Aural Chris the Full Range fan

Speakers on Pallet; Border Force open box, then screw it closed......screwing into speaker.......considering Kintsugi. (something for you guys to look up while sitting about!)

19. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

My last but one jolida was delivered by hermes, when the guy told me he was sending it by hermes my heart sunk .... fortunately it got here safely !

20. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ups lost my 12k piece of kit once .... none of them are prefect!! one of the most prestigious dealers in the UK claimed the insurance and refused to give it to me !! took a lot of effort to sort that one out . sending 2 precious items by a courier tommorow but they are not glass