advertisement

Better Call Saul

Great series, seen it all bar the last/current season. Absolutely loved it and need to see it out. There will be no more apparently

A little side note:

"Although Better Call Saul is now in its sixth and final season, it won't be long before Bob Odenkirk returns to AMC: The network officially announced that the actor will star in the upcoming series Straight Man."

I haven't had time to watch the most recent episodes but I'm a fan, though I think Mike's story is actually the strong point of the series, so far

Reactions: bor
Better Call Saul is a masterpiece. Far superior to Breaking Bad as already mentioned.

It’s dripping with artistic camera work. The character development over the series between Jimmy, Chuck, Howard and Kim is brilliant. It’s rare that a series affords so much time to explain the relationship between characters as seen in Better Call Saul.

Anyone looking for a quick hit (pardon the pun) of excitement will be disappointed, but it’s so clever the way they the story has developed and how they’re now dovetailing this series into the start of Breaking Bad.

Watch it from the start and drink in the cinematography which accompanies the story….you will not be disappointed. The only series I’ve watched on Netflix which possibly tops it is Mad Men.

Just a word for those that haven't watched this yet. Don't be put off by the seemingly slow start to Series One. It's a slow burner. When the punches come, they come thick and fast.

I'd agree with those who've said that it's even better than Breaking Bad.

Mike is also my favourite character, or, rather, the actor's portrayal. There is something of a cartoon villainy to a lot of the other performances, including Saul, but Mike's restrained seen-it-all-before persona makes him all the more menacing.

And how could you not love Lalo Salamanca ? What a great personality, when he's not slaughtering people?

The Smile on Lalo's face towards the end of the episode. Thats acting that is.

And Howards shoes were amazing.

Careful with the spoilers, looks like from the above some haven't caught up yet.

I'm guessing the final big story arc to conclude must be to do with Kim, as from memory she was never in BB??

One thing that’s been bugging me a bit and I’d love to be filled in if anyone knows, is what happened to the 1st (and maybe 2nd and 3rd, I can’t remember) series recaps of when Saul is in witness protection or whatever it was where he’s working in the job in the mall? We haven’t seen any of the flash forwards for quite a while.

The Smile on Lalo's face towards the end of the episode. Thats acting that is.

And Howards shoes were amazing.

That look on Mike's face when Lalo and Howard are, er, sleeping together.

The whole series has moments of slowness, but some of the set-pieces are extraordinary. Chuck's demise, or the "desert stroll" spring to mind.

I do miss Michael McKean in it. What a versatile actor he is - from Big Bottom to this...

advertisement

Back