advertisement

Best tuner ever made?

Accuphase T100 is the best Ive ever heard, soooo musical. Such a sweet top end. All sounding natural. Must get mine out and use it :)

I find they are more objective, more open, & less biased towards Brit Kit .. that's simply my personal opinion based on the comments on various fora. Same goes for European opinions but they need more effort in translation.

I would agree with this. We were discouraged from listening to so much kit that has become more highly rated than the equipment we were told was the best.

A radio receiver design is a compromise of bandwidth (which affects distortion) vs selectivity, group delay and RF dynamic range all at a price budget point. There is no one best tuner for all circumstances

In a pile of rubbish,

Sat a Marantz 10b.

Not a very pretty one.

The scope needs adjustment.

After less than 3 minutes of play,

Twas quite obvious,

It was/is something special ....

Just refurbished a Creek T43. Bought $ 125.00 US dollars on EBay, bought set of new electrolytic capacitors for $ 30.00 US dollars and installed everything within a few hours with a cold beer in hand and music came alive!

At first, I changed the two red 22 uf Elna Stargate with Nichicon Muse but the sound was lacking dynamic, highs were a bit harsh and human voices a bit laidback.

Replaced these two 22 uf with Elna Silmic II and everything is nearly perfect now : human voices are very convincing, treble is sweet and bass is more under control.

To me, these little Creek tuners are difficult to beat in terms of value/nice sounding hi-fi gears !

advertisement

Back