advertisement

"best system in the world"

Mr_Sukebe

pfm Member
We're out in the far east on our hols at the moment, very much enjoying the company and great food. Today I took a day trip into Singapore from Johor bahru, mainly to buy a new watch, but whilst there, couldn't resist a trip to the Adelphi for a few hours.
Most was usual stuff, but I couldn't resist a good listen to both some avant-garde duos and a full on linn climax ds system. Shame that neither really impressed me. So, just about to leave the place and see the line on a shop window of "best system in the world". Once I'd stopped chuckling at how pretentious that line was, had to investigate. It certainly wasn't using the "speakers that cannot be named on a forum". Simply fabulous. A wall to wall speaker system, with I believe around 9 drivers per unit, the mid and high end being horned. More of a pa system than stereo, and the closest I've ever heard to the band being in the room.

some deluded individual who stuffed a cheap full range car drive unit in a TL enclosure and gave the speakers a similar name to the thread title. He has threatened legal action against anyone that challenges that assertion.

I heard them as a show once, they were dreadful.

and the closest I've ever heard to the band being in the room.

You play that over here an you'll get an ASBO straight away. Particularly if we're talking Sarah Brrrrightman.

The speakers in question were like big brother versions of those west lakes. Imagine a pair of those per channel, and then an 8 driver sub per channel, and you've about got it.

some deluded individual who stuffed a cheap full range car drive unit in a TL enclosure and gave the speakers a similar name to the thread title. He has threatened legal action against anyone that challenges that assertion.

I heard them as a show once, they were dreadful.

Ahh yes, something like S.H.I.T.L. as people called them after hearing them...

I believe you heard these...
system-one2.jpg

I think the banner says "greatest sound on earth".

Mind blowing stuff... One not only hear the bass...one feels it.

advertisement

Back