advertisement

Best record player between £500 and £1000?

Paul Mc

pfm Member
New or second hand.

I sold most of my 2,000 albums a few years ago, but need something to play my remaining vinyl every now and again.

Over the years I've had LP12s, a Xerxes, a Well Tempered Record Player, an Avid and Pinks.

I've had a Rega and a lower spec Avid recently at home. The former sounded compresses to my ears - the Avid far better, but a bit of a pain to use.

I've been scanning the second hand market, looking for a good value Linn, but they are very expensive.

Thoughts?

(I post this every three of four years, so bear with me.)

I've had a Clearaudio a Emotion for a few years now. It's a very well engineered deck with a very good arm that sounds solid, open and detailed with my Goldring 1042 cartridge. I've also tried it with a Metal Concept MM which created an equally engaging sound with slightly brighter more forward sound.I've also heard the Clearaudio Concept turntable, a more convenient set up with excellent sound. Worth a listen I think and different to the TTs that are usually suggested on here.

I have owned a Clearaudio Champion for several years and after resolving initial phono amp and cartridge matching. Would not even consider changing now.

Bloss

advertisement

Back