Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Best LP version of Blondie Parallel Lines

Discussion in 'music' started by ex brickie, Apr 1, 2021.

1. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

The MOFI versions of this particular album are pretty expensive - more than many others in fact

2. mondie

mondie pfm Member

3. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

4. fegs

fegs pfm Member

As well as my very well worn original copy, I've got the 2015 Back To Black pressing, it sounds very good to my ears!

gavreid likes this.
  5. florette69

florette69 pfm Member

The EMI 100 is probably my least favourite vinyl version! Sonically little different from late '70s pressings, but poorer artwork and noisier vinyl. I can't believe people pay almost ten times the price of standard pressings for that.

And for what it's worth, I'll reassert that original cheapo Chrysalis pressings are more enjoyable than the MFSL. The latter is a softer, smoother presentation on fabulously quiet vinyl, but really it lacks the excitement heard on the original wax. Ditto for the DCC CD. The recording really seems ill-suited to audiophile makeovers.

gavreid likes this.
  6. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

The best version is the one you get for £1 in a charity shop.

7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Those were the days ;)

Weekender likes this.
  8. musicman56

musicman56 50 years hifi & vinyl junkie

I've got a UK press of Plastic Letters which is a A//3 B//4 cut by George Peckham. Sounds amazing. Always preferred it to Parallel Lines.

Dave Decadent and gavreid like this.
  9. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

Playing my old U.K. 1978 copy, with card B&W lyrics inner, A4/B4 matrices. Cymbal crashes are back, vocals very forward. Kick drum is reserved. Hi-Hat pings present. Nowt special. Not the quietest of pressings. Heart of Glass sounds okay.

If I was sticking a copy in the charity shop, about a fiver at least, unless poor condition.

10. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

You might like Warren Huart's take on HoG...