advertisement

Best In Ear Headphones, under a £100

jay

built for speed
Hi all

Tend to go though the in ears quite regularly so don't want to spend more than £100 and preferably less. They need to go with an iPhone (no fancy dac). I've just lost my Senneheiser 880i's and something better would be nice.

Will check out a couple of models, Sony MDR-EX650AP (only £40), sennheiser momentum M2 IEi, maybe stretch to some b&o h3's if people think they are appreciably better.

Any help welcome
Jay

I have the B&O H3s and I absolutely love them. They sound way more open than most earbuds I've heard and they are smooth and detailed. I doubt you'd be disappointed with them. Oh and I do use mine with an iPhone or iPad.

I have the B&O H3s and I absolutely love them. They sound way more open than most earbuds I've heard and they are smooth and detailed. I doubt you'd be disappointed with them. Oh and I do use mine with an iPhone or iPad.

Thanks for that. I have some on ear H2s and like the sound but not the fit. Not sure I want to spend £130 though....hmm....

Ive got some denons still unused apart from once that were about £150 5 odd years ago, I could let you have them for £50 posted but they don't have the box, accessories etc.They reminded me of my big D2000 headphones (ie superb) but I never took to in ears.

Richers don't sell them anymore, is there just the one version with no revision?

I'm not sure but if there is a revised version then mine will be the first one, they're great. The only possible negative is the fixed cable but I sleep with them in, use them when traveling etc, they get plenty of punishment and have done for about 18 months, they're still perfect.

I'm not sure but if there is a revised version then mine will be the first one, they're great. The only possible negative is the fixed cable but I sleep with them in, use them when traveling etc, they get plenty of punishment and have done for about 18 months, they're still perfect.

I wasn't sure. B&O revise sometimes but it's not immediately obvious! Sounds like they are hardy, a very good thing. In finding the model number for my old Senn's I bought them off Amazon in 2011 for £70 and was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the eBay link but am a bit weary of eBay. Will also need them in two days!

At your suggested pricepoint, it's generally just a "pick one of 'em" decision.

In case you want to move to a whole different performance strata for a bit more cash: Master & Dynamic ME05 in-ear monitors. These are in a whole different league in terms of build, fit comfort, and audio performance.

https://www.masterdynamic.eu/products/me05-earphones?variant=14507996999

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/master-dynamic-me05/

http://www.soundguys.com/master-dynamic-me05-review-7387/

https://www.engadget.com/2016/03/04/master-and-dynamics-me05-review/

"
Budget [Less than $99]

Fostex
TE-02n – MSRP $29. Dynamic driver. Universal. A modder’s gem. Stock signature is neutral leaning analytical. Modifications can bring it to an even more neutral signature. Great timbre and bass speed. Plastic but durable housings.​

LG
Quadbeat 3 – MSRP $25. Dynamic driver. Universal. Neutral signature with significant sub bass boost. The sub bass boost can make the mid bass be perceived as lacking. Fantastic clear mids and treble.​

Ostry
KC06 – MSRP $49. Dynamic driver. Universal. Midcentric signature. Plentiful bass boost peaks in mid bass but has good extension; lush, inviting midrange with excellent vocals; sparkly, slightly peaky treble.​

Sony
MH1/C – MSRP $79 (but can be found for less than half). Dynamic driver. Universal. Warmish to neutral signature with prodigious sub bass boost. Similar to Quadbeat 3 but more sub bass; slightly warmer mids and slightly easier going treble. Worst flat cable known to man but there are many out there to re-cable them.​

SoundMagic
E10 – MSRP $39. Dynamic driver. Universal. Bass first signature. Bass boost peaks in mid bass but has good extension; full, engaging midrange; smooth treble with some sparkle. Metal housings and springy, stiff cable.​

Zero Audio
Tenore – MSRP $35. Micro dynamic driver. Universal. Warm, fairly neutral but downward sloping signature. Treble is virtually free from peaks and extends to 18k +; bass gives gentle rise to sub bass; inviting vocals. Build quality is inconsistent.​

Vsonic
GR07 Classic – MSRP $99. Universal. A portable audio classic. A fairly neutral but warm signature. A baby EX1000 with slightly more agreeable treble.
Others worth consideration: GR07 mkII​
"
http://www.superbestaudiofriends.or...-recommendations-favorites-and-classics.2229/

I have the gr07, ostry kc06, etymotic mk5 and etymotic er4s. I prefer MK5 to the gr07. imo, the MK5 are incredible value.

Reactions: jay
Thanks everyone, am following up on the links and suggestions now. Too much choice!

I have a pair of flare audio in ears and they have out performed and out lasted a dozen other pairs of medium to high quality sets.

when it come to the earphones bose and beats are 2 brands that are always hitting the sound quality benchmark. Beats can be quite expensive to buy so you can try Bose Sound Sport Earbuds. they have really nice quality sound delivery.

Suspicious that you signed up to post this on a thread that's months old.

Bose and Beats are 2 brands that I would avoid, both overpriced and over over hyped.

advertisement

Back