advertisement

Best Hollies / CSN / CSNY Collections?

ntom

pfm Member
Was searching through my music collection & realised how bad most of my current recordings are (...that's what comes of digitizing from cassette I guess).

Can anyone recommend a couple of albums that are well mastered and reasonably complete for any of the above (-I'm not a 'completist' so majoring on the more well known numbers but something more than just the top 20 singles etc). Too many of the compilations I've heard seem to be lacking on the sound quality front.

The Hollies: Clarke Hicks & Nash Years looks like a good buy... anyone got this?

Thx

Haven't heard the Hollies album you mention but CSN Greatest Hits (from 2005) has a very good selection and the audio quality is first rate.

Hollies '20 Golden Greats' or thereabouts, covers most of the EMI stuff. Misses a few of their earlier R&B covers, but otherwise OK. Great band.

Was searching through my music collection & realised how bad most of my current recordings are (...that's what comes of digitizing from cassette I guess).

Can anyone recommend a couple of albums that are well mastered and reasonably complete for any of the above (-I'm not a 'completist' so majoring on the more well known numbers but something more than just the top 20 singles etc). Too many of the compilations I've heard seem to be lacking on the sound quality front.

The Hollies: Clarke Hicks & Nash Years looks like a good buy... anyone got this?

Thx

Just buy CSN & Deja Vu. That covers just about everything they did which was worthwhile (but does not have Ohio).

The Hollies were a quintessential singles band. Get The Hollies At Abbey Road.

Chris

Hollies '20 Golden Greats' or thereabouts, covers most of the EMI stuff. Misses a few of their earlier R&B covers, but otherwise OK. Great band.

Agreed 100%.

I still reckon their version of "I Can't Let Go", along wiith The Who's "I Can See For Miles" are the greatest tracks NOT to have made No. 1.

Chris

advertisement

Back