advertisement

Best drummer.. ever?

My favourite working drummer is either Mark Giuliana or Joey Baron. My favourite rock drummer is probably Bill Ward.

But Joey Baron is probably my favourite drummer to really listen to.

@foxwelljsly Joey Baron is a very good choice.

I'd like to also nominate Louis Moholo Moholo. I find the emotion in his music and playing almost overwhelming. His health isn't great these days but selfishly I would love to see him again.

My favourite working drummer is either Mark Giuliana or Joey Baron. My favourite rock drummer is probably Bill Ward.

But Joey Baron is probably my favourite drummer to really listen to.

Good choice - Joey Baron would be up there for me as well.

He's also great fun to watch - I've seen him play a couple of times and there are loads of clips of YouTube - he always seems to be having an absolute blast and that smile is quite infectious. I could watch this all day: magical!

Last edited:
Good choice - Joey Baron would be up there for me as well.

He's also great fun to watch - I've seen him lay a couple of times and there are loads of clips of YouTube - he always seems to be having an absolute blast and that smile is quite infectious. I could watch this all day: magical!

His solo sections on the Mountains of Madness sets are, without doubt, the most musical music I have ever heard a drummer make on his own.

Obviously the guy from Clown Core

Ok, here he is not terrorising the suburbs:

Or just bringing the funk

I prefer seeing a drummer making the most out of a limited kit compared to exploring a Neil Peart style 96-piece kit (or however much it was)

Obviously the guy from Clown Core

Ok, here he is not terrorising the suburbs:

Or just bringing the funk

I prefer seeing a drummer making the most out of a limited kit compared to exploring a Neil Peart style 96-piece kit (or however much it was)

Knower are f**king awesome. Ditto clown core.

If you like limited kits, Robert Gotobed is probably worth a mention. His drumset seemed to shrink with each album release.

On reflection, I'd probably add Steve Noble, Bryan Spring and John Marshall to my favourite drummers list.

Knower are f**king awesome. Ditto clown core.

If you like limited kits, Robert Gotobed is probably worth a mention. His drumset seemed to shrink with each album release.

Wilco's drummer, Glenn Kotche ( who is one of the best drummers I've seen play live in the past few years), is a contender in the smallest kit contest - at least on this occasion!

advertisement

Back