advertisement

Best Bands or Artists You Have No Records By

kjb

Proof reading not always a strength
One of the great things about streaming is that I'm playing loads of records by bands I've not got any records by.

Today Squeeze and The Kinks. I love both bands and know many of there songs inside out but have ever got round to buying any of their records.

Are there any bands you really like but don't have in your collections?

Kevin

For me it's usually artists with big back catalogues from before my time as it's just so difficult (and expensive!) to know where to start so I generally leave them to Qobuz.

Not really. If I liked a band I would buy at least one album. There are lots of popular bands that I don't have records of, but that is because I don't think I like them - e.g. Queen, Genesis, Moody Blues, Rush, any number of metal bands. Then there are bands like XTC that I might like but have never listened to.

"Are there any bands you really like but don't have in your collections?"

No.

If I like something I buy it. Mostly on record and the rare c.d.

Therefore I have something and the artist gets some payment for their artistry.

When I die, the kids cans rifle through it all and take what they want and flog the rest. (my daughter has already bagged all Kate Bush and related media)

I was a pretty early adopter when it comes to streaming, so there are a lot of bands I have discovered since then that I love, but own little or no physical product by. The Feelies, for example. I'd cite their first two albums amongst my favourites of all time, but I have never owned a physical copy of either. I do have their latest album on vinyl, mind. I think Cake might have been the last great band I discovered before streaming and bought all their CDs.

I was a pretty early adopter when it comes to streaming, so there are a lot of bands I have discovered since then that I love, but own little or no physical product by. The Feelies, for example. I'd cite their first two albums amongst my favourites of all time, but I have never owned a physical copy of either. I do have their latest album on vinyl, mind. I think Cake might have been the last great band I discovered before streaming and bought all their CDs.

I have Crazy Rhythms by The Feelies in my 'to listen to' pile. Looking forward to hearing a band I have never heard of.

Great debut album, lots of really interesting percussion, only thing missing is their stonking cover of Paint It Black.
I actually prefer The Good Earth, a desert island disc.

Also just realised I own no physical product by the unbelievably awesome Reigning Sound. May have to remedy that.

I have Crazy Rhythms by The Feelies in my 'to listen to' pile. Looking forward to hearing a band I have never heard of.
They've only made a few albums and they're all good, but their first two (Crazy Rhythms and The Good Earth) are really special.

advertisement

Back