advertisement

Beogram 1700.

justshoemark

pfm Member
Hi all just picked up one of the above for £45 with two mmc20s cartridges.
Anyway got it home and found the aluminium top plate was loose but other then that it was in good nick. Even the lid wasn't cracked and the hinge is working.
So took apart and cleaned up reattached the aluminium top plate. Plug in. And away it went. Tried on a test record fist and played fine with my beomaster 5000. In fact sounded bloody good. So tonight made a adapter 5pin din to rca so I could use on the main system.
And I must say it's very good. Enjoying it alot.
Anyone else had one or using one?

Thank you both I think I will keep it in the the main set up get rid of my big project perspex. The beogram seems more musical.
May have to look for one of the linear tracking ones.

I had one for 5 years back in 80s ? Preferred it to many combos of the day. Excellent suspension and cartridge. Never any feedback with beefy amps and 12inch Tannoys

Nice to hear that you appreciate the 1700. It is a very good-looking turntable and one that sounds great, too. Here's from Beocentral (https://beocentral.com/beogram1700),
"Despite being a basic model it was found that by fitting one of the more expensive pickups in the range (for example the MMC 20 EN) the performance was almost equal to that to those at the top of the range, but at fraction of the price."

This is one I would like to listen to at some point, together with the Beograms 1202, 4000, and 4002/4004.

Yes I would like to hear the 4000 or 4002.
Or maybe. 6002 or 8000.
Have to save up and see what I can find.
So happy with the 1700 and it's it lovely condition.

I bought a new Beogram 1700 way back in 1980. Used it with a Yamaha CA610 and Infinity speakers. I have some good memories of that gear.

I have always left my lid up to avoid rumble and static electricity on my turntables. I would hate for the tonearm to come stuck by static to the lid when I open it. The downside is that any dust in the air may settle on the vinyl record. I can't see why a B&O would be different for me. Other people swear by leaving the lid down. See what you like yourself.

advertisement

Back