advertisement

Benedict Audio

RDG496

pfm Member
Currently looking for a mid budget phono stage and came across Benedict Audio
(www.benedictaudio.com).

A new Dorset based company, the initial reviews read positively but given I know nothing about the technical side of things just wondered if anyone had any experience/thoughts/views.

Many thanks
(To clarify I have no connection with the company whatsoever, I merely spotted their offerings on Ebay.)

I'm the guilty party with the Hothead C. I sold a Haden Boardman 33.3 and Puresound T10 (cost new for both around £800) after a week with the Hothead, I'm in the middle of trying new cartridges and so far it's matched beautifully with an AT OC9, Benz Micro Ace SL, Denon 103R and a Goldring Electro ll LZ (my current cartridge), each one sounds different but all have the underlying strengths of the Hothead C which for me are extra grip in the lower frequencies, more extended highs and a very 3D feeling to voices in particular (not forward more like the voice is connected to a body).....

If you're near to Sheffield I'd be happy to let you come and have a listen.

Oh, sorry Des - I didn't realise Soulman was your username - doh! I'd quite like to hear this Benedict Audio stage as it sounds interesting. I'm not looking to replace my Paradise (very happy with it) but am always interested on expanding my experience.

It'll be staying a good long while Mark as the paradise build will be a slow one. I'm having several mini bakes with less kit change and more music, you're welcome to come along.....

Soulman was originally my username on the wam until it got zapped by a database failure.

It'll be staying a good long while Mark as the paradise build will be a slow one. I'm having several mini bakes with less kit change and more music, you're welcome to come along.....

Soulman was originally my username on the wam until it got zapped by a database failure.

and mainly enjoyable days they are as well....
some of the cakes are questionable. I had one slice of one and failed the diabetic sugar checks for 4 weeks

while on the subject of cakes err hi fi, that phono stage is a bit special, just listening for a few minutes when it replaced the stage and sut, the increased clarity, tonal balance and top to bottom coherence was really quite marked.

I dont think I expressed my views quite like that, but I think the message got across.

OK, that would be cool :) - will is have to watch the Wam to know when one is?

Looks a good alternative to the Rothwell Rialto.
Another 400 squid discrete phonostage.

The Rothwell Rialto has got to be one of hifis biggest bargains IMHE - easily outperformed a Dynavector P75 Mk3, a Whest Two and a Linn Linto in a mini-bake off last year......................

advertisement

Back