1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bempton cliffs

Discussion in 'photo' started by ron, Jun 3, 2020.

1. ron

ron Tweaker

After having Farnes cancelled I finally managed a few hours at Bempton on Sunday , visitor centre closed but car parks open . I got there at 6:30am

Anyway took both my D850 and D500 with 200-500, I've only uploaded a few shots

D850

[​IMG]_8505028 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_8504489 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_8504983 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_8504582 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_8504500 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_8505000 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

D500

[​IMG]_DSC7506 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_DSC7477 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_DSC7401 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

[​IMG]_DSC6877 by leon kirkbride, on Flickr

stevied, alanbeeb, Milan and 22 others like this.
  2. Darren555

Darren555 pfm Member

Great Work as usual ron. I spent a couple of hours near there at Flamborough Cliffs last Autumn when heading to Whitby and definitely plan to head back. How does Bempton compare?

ron likes this.
  3. ron

ron Tweaker

Thanks Darren , tbh I've not been to see them at Flamborough , we was hoping to but didn't get time but will definitely be going there next time. A friend told me there was a few more Puffins at Flamborough last week, I personally love Bempton but mainly go for the Gannets

Darren555 likes this.
  4. Darren555

Darren555 pfm Member

I’ll have to check out Bempton next time. Flamborough is definitely worth a visit but I spent more time there watching the seals rather than the birds.

ron likes this.
  5. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

Glorious pictures.

As a kid we would visit Bempton cliffs at least four times a year. Last time I went there were no Puffins as the sand eel population had collapsed.

ron likes this.
  6. ron

ron Tweaker

Next time we go I'm going to try and stay a couple of nights so it gives more time, would be nice to see the Barn Owl too

7. ron

ron Tweaker

Thank you ,one of the reasons we had the Farnes booked was to see the Puffins hunting sand eels , such shame it was cancelled so we'll try again next year

8. ron

ron Tweaker

9. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Amazing, almost doesn't look real in that odd way!

10. ron

ron Tweaker

11. kjb

kjb pfm Member

Wow - such great images - except the last one which is simply terrifying :eek:. The last thing a fish sees ......

12. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

Many years ago we had a month in the Shetlands, plenty of birds, sea otters, wildlife everywhere...and great walking if you don't mind the rain.