advertisement

Belt snapped on newish hotpoint tumble dryer

hifinutt

hifinutt
Got a hotpoint vented tumble dryer . the extractor pipe for the vent goes up vertically about 5 foot and then horizontally for about 7 feet to a vent . As far as i know its not blocked .

So a hotpoint tumble dryer lasted there just under 4 years and then bought a new one . a hotpoint d80

https://www.sonicdirect.co.uk/prod/Dryers/Hotpoint-H1D80WUK-8kg-Vented-Dryer-in-White-C-Rated?u

now after only 2 months the belt snapped and was repaired very fast [ less than 3 days from reporting ] .

Those who know how these things work , is it because of the fairly long distance the vent goes that the belt snapped ? any ideas .

Nothing to do with the the vent pipe - that is not linked to anthing to do with the tumble action, which is presumably the belt that you are referring to.

Unlikely, but load (when wet) would strain the tumble belt, but the belt ought to be massively over-spec'd.

Nothing to do with the the vent pipe - that is not linked to anthing to do with the tumble action, which is presumably the belt that you are referring to.

Unlikely, but load (when wet) would strain the tumble belt, but the belt ought to be massively over-spec'd.
This. A pair of trainers did it for me. I've always had a massive pipe and it has never caused any problems....TUMBLE DRIER PIPE

thanks vinny .

yes , agreed . however finding decently priced vented tumble dryers is not so easy . back in feb almost everything was not available .

i will say that most hotpoint products i have bought or have have been pretty good .

certainly impressive repair service this time

Should be fine, clean the filter regularly, that will have far more effect on back pressure.

thanks . if it was causing problems i would have to abandon the vented option and get a condensor . but seeing as there is a vent i rather use it

thanks . if it was causing problems i would have to abandon the vented option and get a condensor . but seeing as there is a vent i rather use it

Had a look for the book for ours but no joy. iirc max length for the vent pipe was 10m without too many bends.

Smooth plastic pipe would be even better.

It was faulty. I had a Hoover do the same, belt was rubbing because it had been badly assembled. Broke after a few weeks. They replaced the whole thing, I still have the old one, I'll repair it if the new one dies.

Oh, and after 2 months it's warranty repair. No question.

advertisement

Back