advertisement

Belles Aria & ProAc Tablette 10 (or signature)

RoA

pfm Member
I am a bit clueless as how to progress. I want a small, well made system that will stand the test of time. I would prefer purely British for this one but have read good things about the Belles Integrated.

In your opinion, would this integrated be powerful enough for the tablettes?

Unless you like it so loud as to deafen everyone in your street, the specs suggest it will be fine. The Belles is 75WPC into 8 ohms, and Tablettes are not that hard to drive, not the most sensitive but the impedance is benign

If you want a British system then I'd take a look at the Exposure 3510 rather than the Belles. Some while back I had the 3010 with ProAc Signatures' I thought they worked very well together.

I'm using a Belles Aria with some Rogers LS3/5a's and couldn't be happier with the synergy. I have tried the Rogers with tubed amps, and they sound great, but the Belles really kicks it up a level. Rest of the system is Sonore UltraRendu via USB to a Border Patrol DAC.

wonderful match , belles make some superb amps . i have had several of them . beautiful build . there seems to be universal praise for the aria , it gets mentioned quite a few times .

Sounds like a lovely system to me.
Certainly of the music making variety.
I would also consider sugden amplification of course and the sig’s if you have the funds available.

I emailed with a friend about the Aria (he has one). He loves it, which makes me think it must be awfully good - I respect his hifi judgment.

If you want to stay with an all-British system, though, the Exposure 3510 looks like it would be terrific.

I did a low-budget version of this approach: Rega io driving Dali Opticon 1 Mk 2 speakers, just a lovely little system.

Odd this, there is a UK Distributor and a couple of retailers only that carry Belles. None of which have the Aria listed. I made an enquiry.

If you look at the thread what was the last bit of HiFi you bought , you will see timpy has just got a belles aria in past few days

If you look at the thread what was the last bit of HiFi you bought , you will see timpy has just got a belles aria in past few days

Guilty as charged. Technically mine hasn't arrived yet, I'm running Tony's loaner. It's running Cambridge Audio Aeromax 6s. @GruntPuppy started a thread about it after a listen Saturday too.

I've had several amps in that system recently; Sonneteer Alabaster, Exposure XXV-RC and Krell KAV-300iL. The Belles walked it, it's one of those things that when you hear it it's just "right".

The Krell's quite brightly lit but good and fun though, and the Exposure is honest if a little lacking in transparency in comparison.

The Aria is every bit as good as everyone says it is, but you only realise what that means when you hear it.

Guilty as charged. Technically mine hasn't arrived yet, I'm running Tony's loaner. It's running Cambridge Audio Aeromax 6s. @GruntPuppy started a thread about it after a listen Saturday too.

Still impressed by it, still aching after those bloody stairs too! Worryingly still considering the damn thing - despite the fact it's not exactly practical for integrating into my AV.

I had a Belles integrated and had to send it in for service three times. Never did get it to work right, I finally said, 'keep it and send me a power amp'. I had to sell that when I got my Quads because it wasn't stable on them.

Hegel is good with Proac. And Proac go nuts on tube gear.

I ran my Tablette 10 Signatures with a 15wpc EL84 amp from Quad and it was magical. Not real loud, but it sounded amazing. Reminded me of my Quad ESL's.

advertisement

Back