advertisement

'Been caught reading' photo ideas

deebster

Half Man Half Biscuit
My 12 yo daughter's school have set the kids a task for the half term break of coming up of a photo of them reading a book in a strange place to be doing so. Or something like that anyway.

She does trampolining so we were going to take one of her reading in mid-air but tonight's class has been cancelled and there isn't one next week, so we need a new idea.

Let loose my friends.

My grandson was set this task, too. He was aged about 5 or 6 at the time. Anyhow, we launched the RIB and he read his book to our local seal colony, which is located on a spit of land on the south end of Walney Island. Arranged tea with the King of Piel Island as a Brucie bonus. Turned out to be one of the best spur of the moment things we've ever done.
May 09, 2017 5627-Edit.jpg by Paul Wood, on Flickr

Underwater in a swimming pool?
You only need a weakly-watertight camera to do it, a gopro or sim should be fine. Or perhaps from above if the light is good/ pool use quiet - sat cross legged, googles on, reading quietly at the shallow end (nb: would likely need complicity of pool staff to arrange these days)

Back years ago when I used to dive, often with a few tens of mins at -6m for decompression margin it was easy/common to read a paperback. The trick to reading a paperback underwater is that it lives in your BC jacket and never try to move or open it dry. Next time it gets properly soaked... well, you can pick up where you left off :)

Doubt it will win but in the end went for a photo of her reading a Shakespeare book outside The Shakespeare pub in Birmingham

:D

Now - an odd recurrent thought: Shakespeare - that fount of what we consider the masterful use of English - would likely have had the antecedent to a Black Country accent, whatever that was toward the end of the Great Vowel Shift (an interesting thing in its own right)

'Wut country frends, us this?
Thus is Dudley, Lidy...'

Er. Um. what..?

advertisement

Back