advertisement

Beatles - Remastered

I purchased a bunch of Beatles albums from the guy I bought my Tannoy's from. One of them was an Italian copy of Rubber Soul. It has the same track listings as what's on the British release and it's a stereo recording. I see one here on Ebay for sale that looks exactly like the one I have. The back cover is different from my US pressing and from what I gather the British pressing as well. It has three of the boys holding rather large springs in their hands and John holding some type of green stemmed plant.

Can anyone tell me anything particular about this record? Is it a re-issue? :confused:

Only thing I can find is this, which makes it seems like it was released in 1965. Though here it seems to be from 1976.

Looking at the runoff groove, it has:

04115-A YEX 178-2 14-1-66
04115-B YEX 179-2 14-1-66

Looks like that last set of numbers might indicate a date?

It sounds good but has the vocals in the right channel.

Thanks,
John

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Michael Fremer's website, Musicangle states that a high quality edition of the The Beatles Mono Box is in pre-production at Abbey Road Studios. Yippee!

Michael Fremer's website, Musicangle states that a high quality edition of the The Beatles Mono Box is in pre-production at Abbey Road Studios. Yippee!

A high quality vinyl edition of The Beatles Mono box, a surprise hit for EMI on CD, is in pre-production at Abbey Road, a well-placed source told musicangle.com today. The records are being cut from the analogue master tapes, we've been told. A stereo set is also planned but that may be generated from the 192K/24 bit files in order to keep the reissues consistent among the formats. There is also a 24 bit 44.1K USB stick-based edition enclosed within a green metal apple. That one sound better than the 16 bit CD edition as you may well imagine. Stay tuned for further developments!
From the analogue master tapes, eh?

Woo-hoo/damn!

Joe

I can't think of a Beatles song I don't like, except for maybe The Long and Winding Road, which should have been called The Far Too Long and Pointless Meandering Song... Seriously, What the Hell was I Thinking.

Joe
Hey Jude without any thinking at all. Fabulous addictive melancholy that some idiot decided to degenerate into 500 meaningless na, na, na, na-na-na-na's. The oft musical genius went sadly missing instead of finishing the damned thing.

Harrison fan, by the way. 'Here Comes The Sun', 'While my Guitar...' and 'Something' being my all time Beatles favourites. Probably because I'm a Stones fan of their 40+ year history that these are my thing and it takes me each decade to get another layer of the Lennon/McC stuff. I might succumb completely if I can make it to the ripe old age of 200! Actually, I often prefer McCs solo stuff. Sacrilige.

Got my copy of the Mono Masters yesterday...£59.99 off e-bay as it was 'slightly damaged'...well the box is a little dinked and the info sticker on the back is slightly askew but other than that its fine....not bothered about that tho'

The sound on the mono's is great and I am much looking forward to re-aquainting myself with the music.

Paul

Amazon keep listing some Beatles albums with a Sept 2011 release date, e.g. Rubber Soul here. Dunno if this is significant. No details as to what it actually is.

Tony.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back