advertisement

Beatles mono remaster limited?

Zombie

pfm Member
So, it wasn't limited to 10 000 copies after all? Or is it anything that shows the "first edition" compared to the second unlimited edition?
makes we want to steal all music in the future...

Is the non-limited edition a supposition or a known thing?

Still trying to decide whether I have got the odd £200 to plump down for them at the moment...although I see Amazobn have reduced it to £179 recently.

Paul

Hmm. I'm not sure if there is anything to genuinely be concerned about really. Why so upset? It's a good thing isn't it. Would you want to deny people who want these to have them? 10,000 is hardly what I'd call limited anyway. 1,000 yes ... 10,000 though.

What you should be moaning about is that you got stitched in the first place because apart form the White Album, they could have fit both mixes on one disc per album and just issued the one box set. But instead they chose to bleed you twice.

Yes there is a distinct edge of the last wring of the flannel about the marketing of these...they also could have put the Stereo only Albums in with Mono's...if I buy the Mono's I still have to fork out for another 3, or is it four (?) to get the whole lot...chizz chizz.

Paul

Hmm. I'm not sure if there is anything to genuinely be concerned about really. Why so upset? It's a good thing isn't it. Would you want to deny people who want these to have them? 10,000 is hardly what I'd call limited anyway. 1,000 yes ... 10,000 though.

10,000 is a tiny edition for The Beatles globally, as was evidenced by the fact it sold out on pre-order. I've no idea where it's up to now, but I understand it is still considered limited, i.e. will be deleted at some point. I'd like to know the final number pressed.

Tony.

(who still hasn't opened his copy)

It doesn't explain why anyone would be upset though unless they bought it for an investment ... in which case I can't say I have much sympathy. I'd have thought it was pretty obvious that something like this would only be limited to the number of people willing to buy it ...it's EMI/Apple we are dealing with here.

It doesn't explain why anyone would be upset though unless they bought it for an investment ... in which case I can't say I have much sympathy.

I have. If something is advertised as being a limited edition and then, after one has paid to own it based upon that information, the rules are changed it is false advertising. If someone wants to buy an item as an investment based upon it's rarity then that is fine IMO.

Tony.

LOL, I suspect EMI defaulting on the deal is the only reason I have one as I didn't pre-order. I have little sympathy with Apple / EMI though as I really think they are milking this for all they can get - there should have been one box set with both the mono and stereo mixes of all albums and all out-takes, bits 'n' pieces etc. It would be possible to fit both mixes on a single CD for many of the albums. That they are even lying about edition numbers makes their behaviour all the worse.

Tony.

They should print a little warning on the side "The value of Beatles Boxsets may go down as well as up".

No doubt they will make some minor change to the second run, just so's they can stay in the letter of the law.

The value of Beatles boxsets can go up as well as down.
I bought the JPN mono version for around £300, & doubled my money when I sold it a few weeks later.

It sounds as though those who purchased the UK boxset without intending to listen to them, bought the wrong box.

It sounds as though those who purchased the UK boxset without intending to listen to them, bought the wrong box.
Perhaps you need your hearing tested? I bought it intending to listen to it, but didn't like it.

Moaning? Complaining maybe...obviously there are still a lot of laissez-faire scrooges around in Britain. Thought you had became civilised...and finally learnt how to play football. Another glass of wine, thank you.

advertisement

Back