advertisement

Beatles Master Tape on ebay

That is going to go for a stupid amount of money. It is just a copy of the original.

I also have a first generation copy of the original and it only cost me £10. It is called a CD.

Best Regards

David

Thank GOD it's the version that wasn't ruined by Spector....

Still a lot of money though! I thought this album WAS available on pre-recorded 7.5ips r2r tape though?

Originally posted by dcathro

I also have a first generation copy of the original and it only cost me £10. It is called a CD.
Much as I'd like to agree with your statement, it probably isn't true. This a version from before Spector's "input". THe CD version you have is almost certianly a version from much farther down the the production line and with all kinds of EQ added in addition to the Spector stuff.
REcent experience (see the Van Gelder thread) has shown me just how much difference a dab of EQ here and there can really make.

Well - I've got the "Naked" CD. (Quite good except that one of Harrison's solo's was clearly a filler rather than the bit that made the song.)

"I thought this album WAS available on pre-recorded 7.5ips r2r tape though?"

It was, as were several others.

I just missed out on a copy recently that went for £12.50 on ebay :mad:

You can pick up lots of r2r albums on ebay for under a fiver. I'm building quite a collection. Good old analogue without the clicks :)

Rob.

I wonder how high the price would be now if the seller banned all bids from sub '10 positive' bidders and made the bids public.

Cynic, moi..?

Originally posted by Mick Seymour
Wow - £10,100 bought by a man with zero feedback. If I was the seller, I'd be very chuffed but a little nervous.

Mick

Well the buyer has to pay before they receive the goods.

If I was the seller, I would be laughing. Its not even an original, no certification, just a letter from EMI saying it is a copy, in a non original box. The seller even says "PROBABLY an engineers/employees personal copy", so even that may not be true

It gives me an Idea, get a CD of Abbey Road and copy it onto an old 10.5" spool @ 7.7ips, and send it to EMI. After a few weeks when they return it, put the spool and the letter on ebay make up some story and instant money. There are an awful lot of suckers out there.

Best Regards

David C

I think the selling point (if you could call it that) is the between takes type banter. However its not worth anything more than curio value for that.

I knew I'd find a use for all those blank reel tapes I bought from Tandy years ago. :)

advertisement

Back