advertisement

BC560 anyone?

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd.
Anyone got a few kicking around? I'm building some Niel Jadman 322 boards and nowhere stocks them anymore.

If no-one has got any, what could be used here instead?

Stefan

I've got around two dozen BC560, PM me your address and how many you need and I'll get them in the post today.

Thanks guys, they don't actually have any in stock at RS on the link above, like everywhere else.

Malcolm, thanks a lot, I'll PM you.

Stefan

Thanks guys, they don't actually have any in stock at RS on the link above, like everywhere else.

Malcolm, thanks a lot, I'll PM you.

Stefan

Ah well... It's just a pretty generic high gain low noise transistor and there are dozens of possible alternatives that will work just the same. Looks like you have it sorted with Malcolm though:)

For some reason I've always questioned myself with transistors.. just wanted to build it to spec and know it wasn't got to oscillate like crazy.

You know I completely forgot about Cricklewood. They are good at keeping stuff in stock way after it had bitten the dust elsewhere. Malcolm has sorted me out and I gave Tony a donation for his trouble :)

Just a few. Looks like you're sorted though !

2020-02-07%2014.16.01.jpg

It's such a pity that CPC was taken over by Farnell... They were an amazing resource for obscure parts back in the '90's... virtually any 2SC/2SA and 2SK/2SJ discretes for a start. Also if you wanted something like say a draw open/close drive belt for a Yamaha CD player they may well have stocked it!

Stefan there are lower noise parts you can use for the Vas on those boards.

Which parts are those?

TBH I haven't really taken the time to study the circuit. I need a phono stage for the WAM show next month and just need to build one quick. I had all the boards and a case it'll fit in so am just cracking on ;)

Stefan , you can borrow my Paradise if you want. I'm pretty local so can bob down on the Saturday and drop off if that helps, are you mm or mc?

That might work. I'm MM at the moment.

Can I keep you in reserve? I'd like to get this built anyway, and traditionally the WAM show has been my motivation to get stuff finished that I've been wanting to use for a long time.

Be good to see you there anyway. I'll be in the Hathern with a pair of Linkwitz Orion's I'm building.

advertisement

Back