Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

BBC best albums of the 80's poll results

Discussion in 'music' started by Arkless Electronics, Oct 10, 2020.

1. tobermory

tobermory pfm Member

Muso journalists are so great at rewriting history. I distinctly remember the NME review for the Stone Roses LP, 7 out of 10, nothing special they said. Fast forward a year and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Totally agree with Tony L on this one, nothing you wouldn't name if pressed for best 30 albums of the 80s. And hey, Dare is good but Travelogue roasts it.

2. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Totally agree re Travelogue, it's a classic

3. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

If you ever have the pleasure of seeing Gabriel live you will likely get to see him play piano and sometimes the flute, but his keyboard skills are right up there with many of the best, he also understands the textures of music far better than nearly any other mainstream rock musician I have ever encountered. If you watch the documentary on the making of his fourth album you will see what I mean.

4. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

I nearly added Violator to my list before checking the release date, I too though it was 1989.

5. fegs

fegs pfm Member

It's a shame Rolling Stone didn't check London Calling's release date before adding it to their list

Although I think the US release may well have been 1980

Just a shame I can't have it in my list :(

tiggers likes this.
  6. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Workers Playtime was another special album

[​IMG]

7. boneman

boneman pfm Member

:D

8. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Another 80s favourite
    Shriekback - Big Night Music

kendo and fegs like this.
  9. MVV

MVV pfm Member

I found the 80s a bit shit. REM, The Pogues, Tom Waits and the Fall got me through it.

tuga likes this.
  10. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Just qualifying for the 80s,

Hawkwind Levitation
    A brilliant combination of Hawkwind and Ginger Bakers drumming