advertisement

Barry Cryer RIP...

Another legend that will be much missed.
Been listening to I'm sorry I haven't a clue for longer than I care to admit to.
If there is a heaven I'm looking forward to seeing Humph, Barry, Tim Brooke-Taylor and
Willie Rushton together again with Jeremy Hardy entertaining us in the great hereafter.

Regards Andy

Just heard one of his last jokes on radio 4 news
After spending ages getting ready and trying on several dresses a wife shouts out from the bathroom while looking in the mirror
"Does my bum look big in this?"
to which the husband answered
"To be fair, love it is only a small bathroom"
R.I.P.

A clever comedian whether behind or in front of the scene or even writing it. As with obituaries I read in my paper, there's rarely a cause of death mentioned, as here. Don't know about you, but the older I get, the more I like to know this.

My grandmother always turned to the obituaries in the local paper first.
I asked my Grandad why.
To see if it's worth getting out of bed.
I believed him but then I was only about 8 years old.
Still makes me chuckle when I think of them.
That's how I'd like to remember Barry; for the many laughs.

Regards Andy

A guy was driving down a country lane and he ran over a cockerel and he was very upset.
He went to the farmhouse and knocked on the door and a woman opened it and he said: 'I appear to have killed your cockerel. I'd like to replace him.' And she said: 'Please yourself, the hens are round the back.
Nod to Barry Cryer RIP

A foul mouthed parrot is giving its owner jip and he is recommended to put the parrot in the fridge for 15 minutes to teach it a lesson next time it does it... So a short time later the parrot starts f'ing and blinding and the guy puts it in the fridge... 15 minutes later he gets it out and puts it on its perch and the parrot turns round and says "what did that chicken do!?"

Courtesy Steve Wright in the afternoon.

And Sven

I remember Barry Cryer on TV for as long as I can remember. Funnily enough in my mind he's always looked about 65. We were lucky to ISIHAC at the ENO in London. The man had a quip, an anagram, an answer to everything. RIP Barry.

Two men are playing golf on a course next to the road. Suddenly, a hearse passes by with a coffin in the back, on the way to a funeral. One of the golfers takes off his hat and says to the other one, ‘I hope you don’t mind. Just wanted to show a bit of respect.’ The other golfer says, “That’s so thoughtful of you.” And the first golfer says, ‘Well, she was a good wife.”

Truly a one of a kind guy. Made me laugh so many times over the years. Such a sad loss to the world.

Went to see one of the 'clue' live shows, sadly after Humph left us.
I was disappointed to find that Samantha wasn't actually real!
It's that kind of thing that makes radio so special, it's all in your mind
and you picture things differently.
First time I saw Barry was on a TV programme called 'Jokers Wild'
Who remembers that?

Regards Andy

A man is in the front room and his wife is in the kitchen.
She says: “Smoked salmon or chicken?” He says: “Oh, love, smoked salmon”
She says: “You’re having soup fatty, I was talking to the cat…” RIP Barry Cryer

advertisement

Back