advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

I picked up the same BM set a couple years ago (pre-Brexit) from AMZ-France and it was about half the AMZ-UK price.

Delivery was remarkably quick, so it probably came from the UK warehouse anyway!

Be interesting to see whether Pete gets hit by import duty or other post Brexit cr@p.

Just to note that Amazon either the UK or Europe sites when they show that they ship to the UK pay all VAT in advance before shipment so if you are logged in as UK then the price including shipping is the price you will pay . I would say that if you see a CD on UK Amazon it is always worth a quick search of DE , FR as noted they sometimes have the same item at lower prices but not always . Used to also be worth looking at the Amazon IN India site but sadly these seem to show lots of items at decent prices but then say out of stock . With regard to duty currently there is an agreement that all items for personal import up to £120 are exempt from duty but not VAT . I have found that any item bought from Europe up to £30 declared value is pretty much ignored as the VAT is not really worth collecting . Anything above that but under £120 is a bit of a lottery some they pull and charge VAT and some they just deliver .

This is a very long thread now and this was released a while ago so apologies in advance if this has been listed before . I listened to the Radcliffe and Marconi show last Sunday and the last track they played was the classic Born to be Wild and my memory of this was always liked the track but the recording sound was always weedy and lacked any air . We ll to my surprise this was not the case it sounded very good indeed much better than I remembered . Contacted the show and tried to find out which version they had played and good enough they came back and said it was from this box set . Given the price for eight albums seemed silly not to just buy the box set as the remastered albums were not available singly . So ordered and arrived today in the process of ripping all tracks to my hard drive but did play the Born to be Wild track and it does sound really good enough to make me grin from ear to ear. This was the cheapest I found in a search .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09CRK98VP/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Qobuz have the upcoming T. Rex “1972” box for preorder in 24/44.1 for £14.99, which seems eminently reasonable to me.

Amazon are preordering the CD box set for £69.99.

Now sold out on the listing I linked to but if you're interested, keep an eye on the sellers other listings as they do come in and out of stock. They may also get the deluxe 3 CD + bu ray set of Goats Head Soup back in stock too, which was also quite cheap.

Whether you consider these bargains or not is up to you (and probably only for the anal fans out there who are way behind the curve!!), but these do appear to be about the best prices for brand new unopened copies....
Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here & The Wall Immersion Box Set editions. £54.99 each (though deduct 10% with code WELCOME10) at https://diginrecords.com/ (plus postage which i think was about £5)

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Box Set at Amazon Italy for Euros76.50 (inc p&p)

Not exactly cheap but i've been promising myself copies of these (well DSOTM & WYWH at any rate) for some time and these prices are very little more than common sale prices for used examples on that auction site.

advertisement

Back