Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Phil UK

Phil UK pfm Member

Thank you, I have a set on their way to me.

wezzywest likes this.
  2. bencat

bencat pfm Member

That is a great price for a really superb set these are going for much more used than this . Thank you for the tip sadly I bought mine new over two years ago and paid more for it then .

3. Junaman

Junaman Well-Known Member

Early birthday present for myself. Looking forward to hearing New Boots and Panties again. One of the first albums I bought and foolishly swapped for something else in the early 80’s - A Flock of Seagulls or something equally dire which thankfully I didn’t keep…

4. Chris Tarling

Chris Tarling Yellow Hound

Thanks!
    £40 I didn't expect to spend... ;)

bencat and wezzywest like this.
  5. John_73

John_73 pfm Member

6. albireo, Engels and tuga like this.
  7. albireo

albireo pfm Member

Just got mine and going through the 60 pages booklet. What an absolute TREAT. I had to come back here and thank you for the heads up. Were it not for you I would have likely missed this!

seagullsnacker likes this.
  8. Thanks ! It’s lovely stuff indeed - great package and superb music

9. MotelBlues

MotelBlues pfm Member

bencat, guey and smegger68 like this.
  10. guey

guey pfm Member

Ta muchly.
    It seems I only have Don't Try This At Home, so that's a handy tip.

MotelBlues likes this.
  11. bencat

bencat pfm Member

Thank you bought this set as i did not have any full albums by Billy just a few songs nice way to get an almost complete catalogue for not much money .

12. GavinB

GavinB pfm Member

I got the Billy Bragg too. I've split them out into different albums. Anyone know what Disc 8 from Vol 1 is?

13. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

14. GavinB

GavinB pfm Member

No, not as simple as that (unfortunately). The audio tracks marked as disc 8 don't match that at all. I'll have to have a listen to try to discern whether they're live or not. (Not that that'll help necessarily.)

15. MotelBlues

MotelBlues pfm Member

At times like this I find the Shazam phone app can help.

16. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

The Qobuz link says they're live 'at I Beam – San Francisco 3 June 1985', but as you say it doesn't seem to match the Cooking Vinyl 2006 release https://www.discogs.com/master/204071-Billy-Bragg-Volume-I

GavinB likes this.
  17. GavinB

GavinB pfm Member

As @deebster says above, the files do actually all say 'Live at I Beam' etc. I don't think that's a recognised album as such, but that's what I'll rename this disc!

18. bencat

bencat pfm Member

vince rocker and Stuart Frazer like this.
  19. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

samz, Snufkin and RBrinsdon like this.