Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. stephen_cowslip

stephen_cowslip pfm Member

windhoek likes this.
  2. springer

springer pfm Member

The Bish and Weekender like this.
  3. smegger68

smegger68 Mango Enthusiast

Got the pair for £12.58 with a Honey voucher. That's amazing value.

clownfish likes this.
  4. starbuck

starbuck pfm Member

A couple of recent Neil Young box sets are down in price at the moment, 'Young Shakespeare' LP/CD/DVD box set is presently £31.56 (and maybe dropping by the odd penny or two as the day goes on):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08W7SQCQS/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

And the 'Way Down In the Rust Bucket' with Crazy Horse 4 x vinyl LP set is presently £39.85:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08T3JLCDH/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Both are presently the lowest they have been, they may drop lower still but you can end up playing a game of chicken with an Amazon bot where you lose when the bot bumps the price back up again.

RBrinsdon likes this.
  5. springer

springer pfm Member

My set arrived today - this thing's heavy!! Lovely packaging, beautifully presented discs and the sound is genuinely amazing. Definitely bargain of the year so far!!

6. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

Mine too, lovely thing to own and sounds great!

7. kingston12

kingston12 pfm Member

I've just got one as well, thanks for the heads up.

Mine sounds perfect, but the records themselves are quite warped. I'm not sure I can be bothered to return as they all play perfectly, but just wondering if this is a pressing issue or just storage. These are the dish-type warps that make side 1 look perfectly flat and side 2 warped.

8. springer

springer pfm Member

Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid my OCD couldn't handle that - every disc?? That would be a return for me.

9. kingston12

kingston12 pfm Member

I've only listened to the first four so far, and they are al the same.

Given that you've just got a set without the problem from the same supplier, I'll definitely try another set I think. Thanks.

10. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

I missed out on this a couple of weeks ago when the price reverted to full (£200). I’ve been checking ever since and today it has dropped back to £100, so I’ve ordered. £10 snooze and lose penalty.

11. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

12. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Nice - just got the last one, thanks.