advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

If you don't already have them, Dire Straits' six studio albums for £15.

7102CCi2OhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085HLCN96/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Can't comment on the quality of the mastering though.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not sure if this has already been posted.

EMP have a 20% sale on vinyl and CDs (and everything else) alongside a regular sale. I haven't used them before but they seem good, according to searches.

Not sure if this has already been posted.

EMP have a 20% sale on vinyl and CDs (and everything else) alongside a regular sale. I haven't used them before but they seem good, according to searches.

Thanks for the heads up but they seem to have a very narrow stock a search for Ry Cooder , Robert Cray , John Hiatt and BB King all yielded zero . If you are HM inclined then you amy well have more luck .

I bought this set and I'm very happy with the SQ, however I'd love to own them all on vinyl.

There was a time when all of these were positioned underneath the main racks at 50p each, no one wanted ‘em. Wonder what happened to make them so desirable again.

Qobuz are selling the new Pylon box set, out tomorrow, for £11.99 in 24/48.

Amazon’s preorder price on the CD version is currently £52.45.

The Pylon box is also available in 24/96 from HDTracks. With this month’s new release discount code and PayPal’s exchange rate it’s just cost me £13.48.

I bought In Search of Hades last year and although I don't buy a lot of big box-sets, they're typically too expensive or there aren't enough marbles, this box-set is one of the best imo. Pretty much every CD is eminently enjoyable and the multichannel mix on Ricochet is simply outstanding. If the JPC price is good for you then you're in for a treat :)

Wish You Were Here Immersion box-set is currently £48.79 delivered here @ Amazon... must resist the urge to say something about losing your marbles... damn, I said it!

Fwiw, I've ordered one :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
You're a bit late to the party. :)

I don't part with my hard earned cash easily! These things often appear at bargain prices and that's when I buy, if I miss out at full price so be it, I have plenty of music. I picked up all 4 Kate Bush Vinyl boxes for peanuts buying at the right time for each box :)

I don't part with my hard earned cash easily! These things often appear at bargain prices and that's when I buy, if I miss out at full price so be it, I have plenty of music. I picked up all 4 Kate Bush Vinyl boxes for peanuts buying at the right time for each box :)

With a lot of TD, it was usually a very limited run, so I got into the habit of striking early. That's why I've got copies of the "Flashpoint", "The Keep". "The Man Inside" and "Sony Topping Out Ceremony" :)

Anyway. Enjoy - the Phaedra outtakes are fascinating and show that the leap from "Atem" to "Phaedra" took a lot of studio time.

Yes, plenty to be going at for sure.

What is "Sony Topping . . . " I haven't heard of that one?

Going to sit tight and wait for the Purple box to plummet :)

advertisement

Back