Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Box Sets

Discussion in 'music' started by merlin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

2. springer

springer pfm Member

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  3. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

Damn. Just bought this on black vinyl. Still, it was cheap - £6-odd, with MP3 download. The recording and performance are magnificent, and the pressing, on two heavyweight vinyl discs, is pristine.

4. springer

springer pfm Member

Why the 'damn'?? I'd take £6 on black over £25+ on orange any day of the week!

Orange is the new black.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  5. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

6. bencat

bencat pfm Member

Had the first CD already and shared the link earlier in this thread but not the second one now ordered , thank you .

Stuart Frazer likes this.
  7. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Thanks for posting your link to I Benjahman, Fraction Of Jah Action. I had never heard of him, but I checked him out on YouTube and such and it sounds really good. I'm looking forward to my copies of both of the above CDs arriving.

Another one I fancy getting is:

Strong Like Sampson: Linval Thompson Presents The 12" Mixes

[​IMG]

8. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I didn't get a download code that i can see, it is a nice pressing though.

9. suzywong

suzywong Wot, no electrons?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    stephen bennett likes this.
  10. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

11. gustav_errata

gustav_errata pfm Member

This isn't a physical box set but for today only (2/10 until midnight Pacific Standard Time, I think), the excellent ambient artist 36's entire discography is available for 90% off (that is, you have to buy everything; the individual albums aren't discounted) on Bandcamp. Normally the Bandcamp whole-discography discount for him is 30% off, or £50.10 for 36 albums.

So today that's 36 ambient albums by the artist 36 for a mere £16.70.

https://3six.net/

12. bencat

bencat pfm Member

Thanks I have decided to buy the full set just a note there is tax on top of the purchase so it is just under £21 but still good value .

13. gustav_errata

gustav_errata pfm Member

Yeah sorry I didn't notice that until I was already into Paypal. Sorry I didn't mention it here.

bencat likes this.
  14. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

Standard Bandcamp practice - they apply the local VAT to the announced price.

15. bencat

bencat pfm Member

Not sure if many will know this artist but i find his music really moving and lyrical and it appeals to the Celtic part of my heritage . I have linked to his Bandcamp Page were they are offering various albums for download or CD . There is though an offer for £37.58 plus Tax to download all of his current discography which is pretty good in my book . Not all are full albums but it still lots of good music for not a huge outlay .

16. Mark Packer

Mark Packer pfm Member

Sorry Bencat, to which Artist are you referring? The thread bounces all over the place with recommendations and I can’t work out which of these you are referencing.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020 at 7:44 PM
  17. bencat

bencat pfm Member

Apologies I thought the link was for Iain Morrison page. Scottish artist with a wonderful voice and a certain melancholic beauty . Just search Bandcamp and you should find him .

18. bencat

bencat pfm Member

I think in my usual forgetful (dementia onset ?) way I did not include the link which is here . Sorry this is getting worse so you need to be patient with an old man who is at least trying to pass on some music .

https://iainmorrison.bandcamp.com/

vince rocker likes this.
  19. Mark Packer

Mark Packer pfm Member

No problem, and thanks for taking the time to respond with the link.

20. fama

fama pfm Member