advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

I don't like the way you can walk into Fopp and buy the ripoffs from DOL etc, and also that Amazon stocks them.

Unfortunately not just stores like Fopp now. I visited Sister Rays and Reckless Records on Saturday and virtually all their new reissue jazz stock seemed to be DOL and some Waxtime. In the past while they did have some DOL they had 'genuine' reissues as well. If buying from Amazon although they usually quote the label it is not always correct.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
£2.99 on Amazon - 3 x CD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0051J4...=9046903&hvtargid=pla-562356518576&th=1&psc=1
61kK5T03SLL.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Unfortunately not just stores like Fopp now. I visited Sister Rays and Reckless Records on Saturday and virtually all their new reissue jazz stock seemed to be DOL and some Waxtime. In the past while they did have some DOL they had 'genuine' reissues as well. If buying from Amazon although they usually quote the label it is not always correct.
It was the same when I visited Sister Ray in Soho and in Shoreditch. Having said that, the 2nd last time I was in London I bought a 1st pressing John Coltrane Concert in Japan, an album I'd wanted for ages.

I assume from the same series, I just got Art Pepper 12 albums on 6CDs, also from Amazon for around £14.

There are some great CD bargains these days. I find that most of the '60s recordings are of good sound quality allowing for the then use of 'discrete two channel stereo', mono is also good. I hope you enjoy the Art Pepper as much as I enjoy the Dolphy.

Thanks for this. An artist who had passed me by. Worth it alone for Sines and Singularities from what I've heard so far. Anyone else who likes this kind of thing should check out artists like Carbon Based Lifeforms and Solarfields.

Not exactly a boxset, but Bluetech is offering for a short while his entire back catalogue (21 albums/EPs) for $5 on his bandcamp page.
Any fans of dubby/ambient electronica would be wise to investigate.

advertisement

Back