advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Amazon seems to be £128 whereas Pledge are doing it for £98. It's even cheaper in USA and Denmark (of all places)

Should I buy on Amazon and hope they price pledge it down to less than a ton?

Oh, here's the link, to help TonyL

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Amazon seems to be £128 whereas Pledge are doing it for £98. It's even cheaper in USA and Denmark (of all places)

Should I buy on Amazon and hope they price pledge it down to less than a ton?

Oh, here's the link, to help TonyL
£99.99 just now

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Cool, thanks for that. Amazon's dynamic pricing is a mystery to me
You're right, it fluctuates quite a bit sometimes I add items to the basket but don't buy them, couple of days later the price will drop, same if you add stuff to your wish list.

Handy if you're not in a rush, the price of Pulse will move all over the place as profiteers take 2 or 3 copies, thereby just encouraging record companies to rip us off with prices even more

I’ve used camelcamelcamel to monitor price fluctuations on Amazon - set a price you’re prepared to pay for something and ccc emails you when it drops below that figure.

Mick

I’ve used camelcamelcamel to monitor price fluctuations on Amazon - set a price you’re prepared to pay for something and ccc emails you when it drops below that figure.

Mick
Me too.
Recent problem though with too many sellers doublin, trebling the postage or worse.
Item price is fine, but way too much when the postage is added.

The 4-disc (3 x CD + 1 x blu ray), 2017 30th Anniversary edition of Kick by INXS is currently £15.99 here at Amazon. Apparently, it's a better release than the 25th Anniversary edition and features the album in Dolby Atmos surround. Usual price is £26 or more.

The 4-disc (3 x CD + 1 x blu ray), 2017 30th Anniversary edition of Kick by INXS is currently £15.99 here at Amazon. Apparently, it's a better release than the 25th Anniversary edition and features the album in Dolby Atmos surround. Usual price is £26 or more.
Thanks, looks like a good'un, ordered.

Oh dear that was a mistake, KICK sounds absolutely terrible, how, why, who, what imbecile did this to a pretty amazingly good original recording?
Fortunately I have original vinyl and an early cd-which spanks this load of garbage. Give it a miss boys. Not played the Blu-Ray yet.

I only bought it for the Giles Martin surround mix on the blu ray... and it sounds like that's all I'll be playing. Is the CD compressed to death?

Oh dear that was a mistake, KICK sounds absolutely terrible, how, why, who, what imbecile did this to a pretty amazingly good original recording?
Fortunately I have original vinyl and an early cd-which spanks this load of garbage. Give it a miss boys. Not played the Blu-Ray yet.
Half speed mastered at abbey road . 180g audiophile , 45rpm etc . etc
sounds terrible terrible compared to a original & shocling compared to the best Mofi version

You could understand if they were aiming for a fatter more headphone friendly ‘modern sound’ but by any measure someone sitting in front of those monitors should’ve said “this sounds shite”

Remastering
Abbey road can only work with the file they have been sent by the record company
& if this sounds bad the remaster will sound bad r
one of the titles in this series source was a MP3

Mastering
record sounds as close to the mastertape as possible & final stage compression & Eq are removed

Karajan,

117 CDs for £135, or as mp3 download for £6.50! Eh....?

I've bought the CDs so might take the risk of the mp3s just to see what the difference is....

advertisement

Back