advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

This Roxy Music box set by, er, Roxy Music, is currently available to order from Amazon US for $64.36 (£48.06 less US tax). With shipping and Amazon's Import Fee Deposit, it might arrive with a total cost of £63.92. I predict Royal Mail will want a handling fee (£8.50, I think), however, and the VAT cost predicted by Amazon might not be bang on, but I think it's quite likely that the total cost won't exceed £80. I've placed an order and now hope for the best. Fwiw, it's currently out of stock but you can still order and it'll ship as soon as it's back in stock. This is the price the box set should have been, if not a wee bit better than that, as there's been mild uproar at the price of £130 for a box set that doesn't contain vinyl or the new Stephen Wilson stereo mix in hi-res. It is what it is and at £80 or less, it'll soon be in my collection :)

EDIT: if the link above redirects to Amazon UK, just go to www.amazon.com and type in Roxy Music box set and it should come up.

I think there's a (coffee table) book as well, but what you say is bang on the money regarding the £130 price here in the UK and equivalent elsewhere - it's a rip off!

advertisement

Back