advertisement

Banned!

twotone

pfm Member
Just reading through the classifieds there, as you do:D, any there was a link to a pair of P3s on hifi wigwam so did my nosey and had a look and it turns out I’m banned from there.

I’ve not been on there for about a year or more cause I couldn’t access my account after forgetting my password I did email admin at the time a couple of times but they never did send me a password reset email so I gave up.

Bit surprised to be actually banned there not ever having done anything to upset anyone or have have I?

Anyone else been banned on there or is it just me who has been singled out?:D

Can’t see you on the members list if your handle is the same as here Tony. Why not re register and ask them what’s happened?

Just reading through the classifieds there, as you do:D, any there was a link to a pair of P3s on hifi wigwam so did my nosey and had a look and it turns out I’m banned from there.

I’ve not been on there for about a year or more cause I couldn’t access my account after forgetting my password I did email admin at the time a couple of times but they never did send me a password reset Emil so I gave up.

Bit surprised to be actually banned there not ever having done anything to upset anyone or have have I?

No sweaties allowed ;)

Can’t see you on the members list if your handle is the same as here Tony. Why not re register and ask them what’s happened?

To be honest Hugh I’m not that bothered I’ve been registered there for about twelve years or more but I hardly every go there now but I used to just browse the classifieds as a lurker cause I couldn’t log in but I can’t even do that now, they’ve sine died me:D

I’ve had to re register twice, having said that very rarely use.

I’ve bought and sold a few things there over the years the last items I bought was a pair of Stirling Broadcast LS3 5As V2 last year from a local guy those speakers are probably the best speakers I’ve ever owned, I moved them on after about a month though to a really nice PFM’s dad.

Used to be quite prolific in the older days and was indeed banned for a short time. It was a mains supply thread or somesuch and I must have shorted out a mod. somehow. No idea what I'd said and they never enlightened me despite my asking. At the time Wigwam was more like a jungle hut where tribal skirmishes could erupt at any time. I do look at the classifieds on occasion but rarely post (and then only re. classifieds)

To be honest Hugh I’m not that bothered I’ve been registered there for about twelve years or more but I hardly every go there now but I used to just browse the classifieds as a lurker cause I couldn’t log in but I can’t even do that now, they’ve sine died me:D

you have also been registered here for 12 years so if you’re superstitious I’d watch your P’s & Q’s for a bit;)

I got banned from the Naim forum many years ago, after some discussion on English grammar within my post they allowed me back, only visited once since then, last week, do I get any points for that? :D

I got banned from the Naim forum many years ago, after some discussion on English grammar within my post they allowed me back, only visited once since then, last week, do I get any points for that? :D

Did you get banned for grammatical discussions or were you allowed back as a consequence of these? Punctuation above causing confusion here. I guess this would've been the conditional, then, but I'd imagine it was also a tense moment at the time. :D

I haven’t been on the Wam for a good while, five years at least so I was quite surprised to be able to log in this morning :) I’ll endeavour to visit more often now the forum appears more user friendly ;)

I’ve not been on there for about a year or more cause I couldn’t access my account after forgetting my password I did email admin at the time a couple of times but they never did send me a password reset email so I gave up.

You may have offered an opinion which didn't gel with the pack.

You may have offered an opinion which didn't gel with the pack.

I doubt it I rarely posted there can’t recall posting anything there for years I suspect I was banned there cause I probably noised someone up on here who is probably a moderator on the Wam too.

I don’t actually care to be honest but thanks for the suggestion.

I doubt it I rarely posted there can’t recall posting anything there for years I suspect I was banned there cause I probably noised someone up on here who is probably a moderator on the Wam too.

I don’t actually care to be honest but thanks for the suggestion.
It was more a side swipe at the current trend to silence those with alternative views, unfortunately there is no tongue in cheek emoji :)

I think I wore my Wam ban with pride at the time, despite not really knowing what caused it. Oddly, things were much better thereafter, which just proves that the banned played on..........
Mike, I’d venture to suggest a style of punning that didn’t sit well with the Junta?

advertisement

Back