advertisement

Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 9300 - CD/Tape/Tuner

Another Beocenter discovered! I went to collect a widow friend from the bowls club to take her to a funeral and discovered she has a Beocenter 9500 with wall mounted B&O speakers. The CD deck cover won't retract but the CD trapped in it plays. In addition the double sided tape on the top front panel has dried out and it is floating free with touch buttons not working. Today I added a DIN to phono lead and connected her TV DVD player to the aux socket so she has working CD again. I would like to get the unit working properly for her, can anyone advise on fixing the CD unit and suggest a source for suitable double sided tape. Or suggest someone I can send it to for fixing?

Many Thanks
Dave

I found some clear double sided tape that isn’t as thin as scotch tape, maybe 1/2 mm thick and a little rubbery. The white foam double sided tape is too thick and the touch controls won’t work.

Find or make a plastic scraper (e.g. cut up an old credit card or similar) to get the old adhesive off of the glass and the part it mounts to. If any black paint comes off the glass when removing adhesive you can touch it up with black model paint or nail polish and it will look perfect from the front.

The non-functioning CD door sounds like a belt issue. I’m guessing there is a replacement available somewhere. Maybe check a B&O forum. I posted a link to a video earlier in the thread that shows how to open a 9X00 and it might apply to this unit.

Consider putting the 9500 on a flat surface until the adhesive is replaced because the glass can (and eventually will) fall out and they are very hard to find. You pretty much have to buy a donor unit for parts.

Update on the Beocenter 9500

After some delay getting the unit to Tim Jarman I met up with Beobloke at Retrotech and we did a boot to boot to get the unit to Tim. Yesterday I went down from Notts to Farnborough to collect the 9500. Today I reinstalled it in Veronica's house and retuned the radio. It was her husband's pride and joy and thanks to Adam and Tim's efforts she now has a fully working unit fixed for a very reasonable price. It's good what can be achieved on a forum of enthusiasts like this.

advertisement

Back