advertisement

Balanced cable advice Mogami/Linn Silver/Chord anthem/Indigo

marvan

On the banks of the Tay
Hi
I hope you are all well and enjoying some good music
I have a Linn DSM connecting to a Chord Power amp and B&W speakers
I am currently using Mogami XLR to connect the pre to the power and was thinking of upgrading hoping to get a bigger balanced sound
Years ago I heard Chord Rumour/ odyssey/signature speaker cables and fell in love with the signatures. I was bowled over with getting more of everything with the signatures.
I am very aware of system synergy
Any advice would be appreciated
Many thanks and best wishes
M

had indigo several times and they are very good . i use chord epic in one system and oddy in another . actually in that system i found van damme better but in the first system the van damme was no where near as good . depends on room and system as to what you like .

Just read the Mogami thread
What a fantastic resource PFM is!
That video comparison of the leads is interesting
Any more insights into going up the ladder
Thanks for looking

Read my post in Mogami 2549 thread. Try Belden 8402, you’ll be surprised. Available at least from MCRU.

Hi Patu
Thanks for that
How does it compare to the Linn Silver?
What are you using now?
Any help and advice would be appreciated
Best wishes
M

I use the Belden 8402 with Neutrik silver plugs, ordered them from MCRU but it's available from other retailers also.

I used Linn Silver XLR (not factory terminated but 2.0m pair with Neutrik plugs) for few years. Compared to competition, Silver's were little bit muffled, lacking punch and boring sounding. It might be the poor synergy with Neutrik plugs also, I haven't tried the factory terminated Silvers since they only come in one length (1,2m) which is too short for my use with active speakers.

I prefer Klotz MC5000 with Neutric XLRs or titanium series, just good quality copper cable with a double shield

Alan
That’s what I’m using at present, does a good job, big fan of Neutrik XLR, their RCA ProFi plugs are great too.

Thanks for those insights
I am slightly attracted by the shine of silver
The video review of cables and the 10 cable review on the Mogami killer thread seemed to rate the silver plated copper highly
I already have the copper. Tin has been recommended.
What do you think?
Cheers
M

I'm using chord signature between my wadia and chord integrated amp driving b&w 802d chord signature speaker cables. Sound is fantastic open and clear. B&W speaker whilst not liked by many are very reveling and will show the difference in cable.
I brought my cables all second hand at good prices.
Another cable I found to be very good was transparent music wave. Try to borrow some cables and see, hear for yourself.

That makes sense
I was trying to narrow it down
Anyone wanting to sell any Chord XLR cables? Anthem/Signature/Indigo
Or Belden 8402??
Or have some spare you might like to loan?? ( I will pay postage etc)
Cheers
M

Get a pair of supra sword,much better than linn silver and chord signature T/A,just let the music through,with excellent imaging and bass definition,and at around £250-300 used are good VFM,all in my system and room,of course.
And they are made of tin.

I also demoed the Supra EFF-I XLR and they were clearly worse than Belden 8402. They did have great bass punch but otherwise clearly lacked clarity. No experience with the Sword but it's much more expensive cable.

Thanks for everyone’s contribution
I am going to try a few options
So for a start, in order to scratch my silver itch, I have bought a Yannis litz silver cable.
Then perhaps tinned cable and possibly linn silver.
I will report back!
Cheers
M

advertisement

Back