advertisement

balance the budget

Branmak

In my experience, i think its important to set a total budget for a hifi system. Balance is key in not to waste money on components that will either be an over or under match in the whole kit assembled. Also, i think its very important to try the desired new components in your listening room. Acoustics, size of room and familiarisation of the sound you are used to hear will make decisions easier...Some speakers may sound great in the showroom, but at home it may sound very different...room acoustics are a big variable...Also, i did not beleive in the importance of cables and power source....they make a very important impact and i think should be evaluated in the total cost of the desired kit...Just my 2 cents.

Most sounds fair but I'd wager that people have a somewhat fluid budget and rarely stick to a set figure, unless they're like Dr Sheldon Cooper from 'The Big Bang Theory' :)

In my experience, i think its important to set a total budget for a hifi system. Balance is key in not to waste money on components that will either be an over or under match in the whole kit assembled. Also, i think its very important to try the desired new components in your listening room. Acoustics, size of room and familiarisation of the sound you are used to hear will make decisions easier...Some speakers may sound great in the showroom, but at home it may sound very different...room acoustics are a big variable...Also, i did not beleive in the importance of cables and power source....they make a very important impact and i think should be evaluated in the total cost of the desired kit...Just my 2 cents.

+1 Totally agree.

We encourage home loan, but also provide demonstration at Igloo if the equipment is on hand. Otherwise, it's provided new or by the manufacturer/distributor on a sale or return basis minus shipping.

My only advice if building a 2-channel system is to throw all the funds at speakers suitable for your room, and spend time refining the set-up. The rest just falls in place after this, and at much less expense, compare to a source first or "I have a nice amp and want good speakers" approach.

Peter

advertisement

Back