advertisement

BAD

Spike

pfm Member
Big Audio Dynamite!
Just listening to their first two albums, cracking listen. Saw them a few times in the 80’s and when they reformed a few years ago. Whenever the needle hits the groove I just want to dance.

Agreed. I particularly like side one of their first album as BAD II, Kool Aid. Slower paced but atmospheric with lots of their signature sampling.

Theme tunes for the Friday night disco at Kingston Poly Student Union bar in 86/87. Great danceable stuff.

I saw them at Rock City (Nottm.) in the 80's sometime.

Recently sold 'This Is Big Audio Dynamite' album in the charity shop that I stock. I played it again before getting rid, it didn't do enough for me to keep hold of it.

It sold quickly at £5 (nrmint/nrmint)

One of my favourite bands at the time of the first two albums. Good live too, especially when they used the beatbox.

Hollywood Boulevard has been on the list of test tracks for ever.

The second album, No 10 Upping Street, has around half the tracks co-written with Joe Strummer. Including the rather spiffy V13.

As a yoof they really appealed to me, and looked the part too. Neglected my train back to college in Bolton to watch them at the Portland Club in Birmingham on a Sunday night in 1986. Got there at the usual time but they didn't come on stage til close to midnight. Then me and my mate got totally caught up in the mosh pit of 30 something Clash fans.

advertisement

Back