advertisement

Back to the 80s...

It surely was. I walked around the corner and shared my thoughts with the guy that was listening. Was really vital. That’s why I don’t slag off Naim. It has its merits. But I’m not sure whether it was the Naim or the ATC that was the star of the show!

As someone who has a Linn, Naim ATC system, I would say it is the synergy between all the products that work so well.

Before getting my first Linn Naim System, I had a Quad 33-405 into KEF 104abs and being initially very dubious about the Linn Naim went for this as it sounded better to my ears. Whether it is better is a subjective matter and the person I sold my Quad KEF system to, held a differing view. However, we both enjoyed listening to what we considered to be good music on either system and spent many pleasant evenings with a few beers or a bottle of wine listening to music on both systems.

I too witnessed the old foot tapping trick at dealer dems and HiFi shows years ago and it always made me chortle. Still makes me smile thinking of it 30 odd years on.
The one chap took it a bit further during his demo of his equipment racks at the shows. He was almost bouncing off the walls when he had his top of the range stand on dem, before that he was like a statue :)
I know exactly who that was. He also visited a number of very well respected dealers and proceeded to tell them their demo rooms were “broken” because some of the materials in their mains sockets weren’t right. You needed to be fond of Keith Don’t Go, IIRC!

advertisement

Back