advertisement

Baby Inca Tech Claymore?

Never seen anything like that before! Colin Wonfor (Mr Inca Tech) frequents this forum so hopefully he'll be along to shed some light. :)

Although it says Claymore in the title I can't see it written on the unit (although the pic doesn't show all angles).

Maybe it was actually called something else?

i remember selling a few of those i think it was called something else like a cutlass or sabre (might be confusing the name with music man basses) and they were cheaper and had less inputs.
if i remember correct it was not as powerful either.

Sounds better then a Claymore to me.Stunning little amp that sounds nothing like it looks !

IIRC they were around £220 new.

Paul.

Yes it does.....(we did).... I think there was an IT100 stereo and 200 monos as well.

Apart from the one I bought this is the only other I have seen.

The Dirk was designed to be used with the FMT tuner giving you loads more inputs.

Paul.

I know where there's a really nice FMT actually. Been tempted by it purely for rarety value, but don't listen to fm anymore...

I think the Claymore had more balls. but yes it was to go with the FMT, and we have a good idea where one is. The PCB did the Dirk, IT50, IT100, IT200 the later being bridged, also Paul from Hifi World had set up for him 3 in a box to demo Push pull A, A-B, and B class to the general public at a Penta show, and I never did get them back.

Sounds better then a Claymore to me.Stunning little amp that sounds nothing like it looks !

IIRC they were around £220 new.

Paul.

Look out for Sabre 1 (like a Claymore) and Sabre 2 not like a Claymore

I think the Claymore had more balls. but yes it was to go with the FMT, and we have a good idea where one is. The PCB did the Dirk, IT50, IT100, IT200 the later being bridged, also Paul from Hifi World had set up for him 3 in a box to demo Push pull A, A-B, and B class to the general public at a Penta show, and I never did get them back.

Well, that answers my question on the other claymore thread. I bought a Sabre for a friend as an intro to good secondhand hifi.. Must have been a Sabre 1 as the circuit board said 'Le Claymore' on it and looked much like a wider Claymore inside ( more space for the phono stage with abigger gap between it and the rest of the amp) and nothing like the IT50 amp board I have.

Was there just the one pre-amp for the IT series, the I1x or something?

Odd listing that.. doesnt know what it's called despite saying 'Dirk' on the front and a higher price paid than most Claymores for an amp with less (no phono stage).

advertisement

Back