advertisement

B4 Buffer Preamp Components

Paul3

pfm Member
Happy New Year

The B4 Buffer Preamp will be my first DIY project.

To eliminate possible mistakes with component selection, if anyone is ordering the components required, could I please piggy back your order.

OK, I've taken the plunge, and placed an order myself. I had to choose a couple of alternates, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Looking for a suitable enclosure. What are you using?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

All the best, got mine going about an hour ago with no trouble

B4 by mrphil42, on Flickr

Mine is not standard but it is an easy 1st project, I always think case work is the hardest bit - if you look closely you will see the control knobs need to be made tomorrow! Audition is very encouraging, I think it will be better than the Starfish I also made (definitly not a 1st project!)

Enjoy!

My case is modushop 1U aluminium with 10mm front. I would recommend taking a picture of the bare board (component side) to make it easier to check when built - the components hide the board markings. Also fit components so you can read legends whenever possible. Board pins from maplin enable you to solder wires easily to the top. I used a switch from RS for input selection but it is 1/8th drive and tiny so harder to use. Didn't use on board regs but 4x STRs, I had thought of battery power as consumption is very low. Takes 1.5w off mains. I used Alps Blue and silver plated copper wire. All the best

Oh, didn't know that. How do you get? Apply a code during checkout?

I find the Modu site difficult to navigate, never mind find information like that.

Cheers

Checkout as normal selecting Paypal but in the notes section write "PFM member code: 060350 discount"

DO NOT PAY at this time. You will get a std email from them confirming your order, still do not pay. You then get a personal email from Hifi2000 - usually from Andrea Bettazonni with the discounted price which you then paypal.

Cheers

Gareth

advertisement

Back