advertisement

B&W DM602 - any good?

pianoman

pfm Member
As per above, I have a chance to pick up some of these dirt cheap for a second system, don't know a thing about them sound wise, but wondered if anyone has experience. These are about 5-6 years old, very light use, someone leaving the country and I can get them for around £50 (!!) Going to listen when the guy gets back from hol but thought I'd canvass opinion.

Go for it, I really like B&Ws - I have the 603 which is similar but with an additional bass driver, but if you don't you'll be able to shift them on without loss (possibly a little profit) at that price! If you're using a very low powered amp they might not sound their best, but I think it's how the amp responds to swings in impedance rather than outright power, I have a 30w Rotel integrated on my spares shelf that actually drives mine fine provided you don't want to play metal at gig volumes!

Cheers - that's pretty much what I thought!
I have a couple of amps I could use, including a Rotel 971 (60 w, I think) or a small 40w Yamaha, hopefully both would drive them OK?

I would have thought so, the Rotel almost certainly, not as familiar with Yamaha amps!

advertisement

Back