advertisement

B&W 801 D4

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi all, is there anyone on this site using a pair of these, if so what is te rest of your system, and how big is your room, thanks

Customer has a set with Classe Delta Pre + Monos
Huge room old church

Classe_DELTA_HighEnd2019.jpg

I would love to have a pair of these. But goodness knows how much you would need to spend on an amplifier capable of driving these in a large room!

my best friend has a pair of 800 D3's the predecessor of this speaker, now in a large room, he drives them with 600W Krell, pretty awesome, but they are very revealing, as you would expect, and can sound harsh, if not paired with the very best, from what I can tell. They and he are now in Canada, so I get to hear them less sadly.

I heard the 802s on the end of a naim 500 system in not a huge room and sounded very good, source was a dcs Vivaldi. My view of the 802s was that they are very revealing and can be a bit hot in the treble so something not overly etched / bright would work best. I also don’t think you need loads of watts as they are quite sensitive but need good current reserves as they are a difficult load. I reckon exposure 5010 monos and pre would be a good match, pretty reasonable price for it too.

Hi, the difference between the 801 d4 and the 802 d4, speaker cabinet, is only a couple of inches, the spec's are very similar, in the mid and treble, it's just those 10 inch bass drivers in the 801, opposed to 8 inch in the 802,

advertisement

Back