advertisement

B&O wireless speaker quality.

Whizzy

pfm Member
I currently feed my Beolab active speakers using high quality RCA to DIN cables 5 mitres in length. I have been contemplating buying the B&O Transmitter 1 and Receiver 1 (WiSA system) combination which would allow me to go wireless between my DAC/preamp and active speakers. I believe the WISA system is also used by other manufactures and was wondering if anyone had any experience of this system and know what effect if any it has on sound quality. Alternatively does anyone know of any other high-quality system (not Bluetooth) that might allow wireless connections.

I have a pair of Beolab 18'and the 19 sub and have used them both wired (Daisy-chained to my integrated amp), and wirelessly, and I also had the Transmitter in the past, My advice stick to cabled better sound quality and no drop-outs which I used to get with the transmitter. However, just before Christmas I bought a Lithe Audio WiSA soundsend wireless transmitter which I have used with great success when I switch the Beolabs wirelessly to watch and listen to YouTube on the TV. It can also be controlled by my Android phone, But not sure if you can just listen to music without having the TV on, still experimenting with it.

I had dropouts too. The wi-fi router has to be relatively close to the speakers/transmitter.

I have a pair of Beolab 18'and the 19 sub and have used them both wired (Daisy-chained to my integrated amp), and wirelessly, and I also had the Transmitter in the past, My advice stick to cabled better sound quality and no drop-outs which I used to get with the transmitter. However, just before Christmas I bought a Lithe Audio WiSA soundsend wireless transmitter which I have used with great success when I switch the Beolabs wirelessly to watch and listen to YouTube on the TV. It can also be controlled by my Android phone, But not sure if you can just listen to music without having the TV on, still experimenting with it.

Think you are probably right. I'll stick to the cables, at least for now.

advertisement

Back