advertisement

B-b-b Bargain Granville

Fieldcoil, but neodym mags just in case the driver designer didn't know what he's about (highly likely - the give-away is the leather surround: a driver that belongs on I K Brunel's unlamented atmospheric railway. It sucked, too )

If you have the cash to splurge, that'd buys you an adult lifetime supply of new& large electrostats, even if you throw a pair away every 5-8yrs.

It'd be hilarious, if it wasn't so ill-informed as to be close to fraudulent in headline claims - so rather closer to 'offensive' than 'daft' imo.

*ETA for balance: as with any I K Brunel endeavour - if you find yourself close to Starcross, it is worth a visit. The Atmospheric railway was brilliant innovation limited by available-technology than imagination ( E Musk, you are neither first nor remotely original ... by a long chalk).

As such - the very opposite of the fatuous loudspeaker driver linked above: the proverbial mug's eyeful.

*ETA for balance: as with any I K Brunel endeavour - if you find yourself close to Starcross, it is worth a visit. The Atmospheric railway was brilliant innovation limited by available-technology than imagination ( E Musk, you are neither first nor remotely original ... by a long chalk).

As such - the very opposite of the fatuous loudspeaker driver linked above: the proverbial mug's eyeful.

I visited a few decades ago (ahem), is the museum still there? I remember riding along a track on a truck pulled by a vacuum cleaner and some PVC pipe. It was fun.

I am surprised Russ Andrews don't stock them at that price.
Obviously to perform at their best they will need some very special cables, and the cabinets must be placed on suitably expensive supports, so I'm sure Mr Andrews could help out.

Obviously to perform at their best they will need some very special cables, and the cabinets must be placed on suitably expensive supports, so I'm sure Mr Andrews could help out.

I see on a forum somewhere that NEC do a beautiful line of Kilowatt rated Hardline copper cables with a pressurised air dielectric system!
You might need planning permission for the Pylon sized grounding system

Thinking out of the box here, we need some serious WAF!
Open Baffle
A pair of oiled `muscly chipndale` type blokes holding them in those poses that oiled chipndales seem to do alot. This would also make getting the `sweet spot imaging` a piece of cake!

advertisement

Back