advertisement

Avondale's 317 TPR's

TPK

pfm Member
I would like to dual rail my humble Snaps and wonderd if any one has used Avondale's Tracking Pre Regulators?. Les supplys bare screened PCB's at only £6.20 each, has anyone gone for this option?. My local T V repair man, who has been building amps and so on for many years, seems to think he could put one of those " silly Naim phono boards" together so I am sure that he could manage the TPR's. So I was wondering where is the best place to shop for the parts and how much would they cost. Les will also supply a phillips 15.000uf 114 series cap, has anyone used one in their snaps?.
Sorry for the long list but any advice would be very much appreciated.
Tim.

I have just rebuilt a Snaps with a pair of 317 TPR's,recapped with a 15,000uf BC114,teflon wired through out,all stainless fixings etc.......burning in nicely.
I bought the boards ready built though.........those LT317's ain't cheap and difficult to get hold of;)

Paul.

I built a pair using LT1086 rather than a 317 variant, which should be better. These were about £3 each (if you buy 10 at a time) from www.cpc.co.uk

I've knocked a quick web page up with my comments on building them here - I'll try and add a complete parts list shortly [EDIT] - now done!

I still have some LT1086 spare (as I bought 10), so if you want 4, let me know an you can have them at the price I got them for - £2.65 each inc VAT.

Nice on Richard, your pages continue to expand and provide a great source of DIY info.

Any pics of the installed product?

cheers

Rico

Cheers Rico - I'll root something out and add it to that page.

They've been travelling around the system at the moment - they started off as locally placed regs in a DIY prefix, but I've moved them back into a hicap box now, so I can more easily compare the DIYcap to the Stageline.

Artioneer - can do, though as I offered them to TPK first, I ought to see if Tim's interested before I fire them off to you. Don't worry though, as it will give me an excuse to buy another 10, as I intend to make more regs at some point anyway - so either way I'll sort some for you. The price difference is considerable - they're £3.63 each if bought in a quantity of less than 10!

advertisement

Back