advertisement

avondale

jamwat

pfm Member
Any one in and around warwickshire that would be willing to demo there hifi as I'm interested in buying one but have not listened to them at all. My judgement is purely based on the apx2 I have which is so much better than naim. I'm presuming that if the avondale pre and power amps are any where near as good I think its worth getting rid of all my naim

Thanks

You're surely close enouigh to visit the great man at Avondale Towers where, I'm told, you'll find a warm welcome :)

Any one in and around warwickshire that would be willing to demo there hifi as I'm interested in buying one but have not listened to them at all. My judgement is purely based on the apx2 I have which is so much better than naim. I'm presuming that if the avondale pre and power amps are any where near as good I think its worth getting rid of all my naim

Thanks

I have actually done just that and got rid of all my Naim. I have a TPX1/Grad1 (up for grabs) that easily bettered a NAC52/Supercap.

I even had my NAP135s Avondaled at great expense but have since moved them on due to a change of speakers.

Cheers,

DV

PS Whoops just realised that I have a NAT02 in a cupboard thats not being used. So almost Naimless!

Have you tried a decent integrated such as a Naim Nait XS, Puresound A30, Berning ZH270, Sugden A21, Rega Osiris.....? They save a lot of time with messing around with boxes and their countless associated power supplies.

DV,

I'm interested but need to hear them first..

Where are you in the country ?

how old ?

how much ?

trouble is I cant get there for at least 2 weeks, hence I would be better for me to listen more local.. I can then buy in the mean time and get my music going again.

You're surely close enouigh to visit the great man at Avondale Towers where, I'm told, you'll find a warm welcome :)

I have visited Avondale at Chesterfield twice and the welcome was indeed great. Les has a very nice dem room of genuine domestic proportions.

No Naim left here, but still got Avondale

advertisement

Back