advertisement

Avondale SE200 Announcement on FB

Here they are built.....Note the Z Foil (RHS of coil)

52356516042_0cf99b684b_b_d.jpg

:):):)

I am more than a little surprised by (C) 1998.

That's 24 years ago. Has Les been sitting on this design for a while?

I am more than a little surprised by (C) 1998.

That's 24 years ago. Has Les been sitting on this design for a while?
He's commented a few times that it's a work that been in progress for quite some time. While he was working on improving the NCC line, he was also pondering the alternate topology of the SE.

Good Morning All,

LesW does seem to be 'on a roll' at the moment, this the latest from FB for those that don't frequent such places:-

U9IhGfM.jpg

As you can see we have a v1.2 of the SE230 under test......

Regards

Richard

Looks so simple and elegant :)

Guess it's too early to say how much better it is than the ncc300 ?

No not to early. I have posted prior and have stated these new SE series amp modules/amps are by some margin superior to the NCC amps.

First I have to say, the NCC300 is a stunning amp but the SE200 surpasses the NCC300 in every respect. I repeat (again) that’s not just my opinion and observations many who have had the opportunity to audition say the same. They beat the NCC300 by a large margin.

I look forward to the SE230 & 400 and the up coming shunt regulator. Avondale Audio have been busy..

Good Afternoon All,

Just listening to the SE board actively driven Sara9's playing Zimmer's Time Live - there is simply no way these speakers should be doing this. Bass and soundstage..... brilliant performance (I'm not being paid by LesW either)...

Regards

Richard

Hi all new member but a old audio head, Im also a new Avondale owner. The SE 200 really is a breath of fresh air, thanks to a chance phone call i now have the good fortune of having to re listen to all the music i was familiar with, its like the old days when i got my 1st leak valve amplifier (stereo 20) in 1990. Thanks to Les and the Avondale family .
(My pics are being flagged as spam )

So these are the 200 boards which I think are the base model in terms of the new boards? And they are better than 300’s? Could you give us an idea on pricing?

You could give Avondale a call, they can confirm pricing but I would imagine some what higher priced than the NCC range.

Good Morning All,

LesW does seem to be 'on a roll' at the moment, this the latest from FB for those that don't frequent such places:-

U9IhGfM.jpg

As you can see we have a v1.2 of the SE230 under test......

Regards

Richard
SE200 now installed in a mono-block for a bit of a burn in and from the first power up sounding superb:- 500Va Transformer with 35-0-35vac secondaries into a MiniCap 6, +-50vDC rails.

52361397946_2462dd4aa4_k_d.jpg

Some really nice photography there guys what type of camera are using to achieve that depth of field all in focus

Alan

Some really nice photography there guys what type of camera are using to achieve that depth of field all in focus

Alan
Generally speaking, deep depth of field can be achieved either by narrow aperture (needs lots of light, high ISO or a tripod) or focus stacking. I think those are the only ways.

Hi. Finally fired up the new SE200 boards. The new layout is better than the earlier SE version, and the SE boards beats my old Voyager upgraded Qudos amps, including the parallel output transistor version.
Music flows effortlessly with great bass control and spectacular clarity. The level of detail is amazing: as I said to Les this morning “ Where has all that music been hiding?”.
A winner for sure.
Cheers Andy.

advertisement

Back